Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Tau Dewa Sector red alerts
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Only one in ten that I zone into are actually what I'm hoping for, usually I just warp into an empty zone and it sends me right back out. Is there any fix planned for this? I didn't see a topic about it here.
Career Officer
# 2
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Same problem everyone is having, maybe if we bring it to their attention... oh wait, we keep starting threads and get nothing but silence on the subject.

Can we get a DEV response on this?
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Career Officer
# 3
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
BUMP!!

It pops up and its already dead. Welcome to Season 7!

I can't believe one of the biggest events your new rep system(Romulan Marks) hinges on is bugged. This should have been a hotfix, not ignored.

There are not many of the new events people enjoy doing to add to the ridiculous grind. This is probably one of the more enjoyable and its fubared.
“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” - Norman Schwarzkopf

Last edited by thebumble; 02-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
02-02-2013, 08:16 PM
just about all the missions for romulas are broken. even the ones you are able to complete cheat you out of your romulan marks even the daily from the embassy. officier of the watch.
i get a kick out of the fact that nothing gets fixed. look at the crystal entity, karet system for examples.
why did i come back?
Captain
# 5
02-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Here is the man to ask:
dstahl@crypticstudios.com
Career Officer
# 6
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
BUMP!

Still no reply?

When is Season 7 getting fixed?

Screw Season 8, its just going to make things worse anyways. Probably a new bug where your torpedoes target allies and the transporter for the KDF will actually take them to Quo'nos! ((Believe me, if they fixed that, it would screw me up. Gotten so used to the broken one.))

Fix Season 7 before breaking anything else!
“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” - Norman Schwarzkopf
Career Officer
# 7
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Still not fixed.

Still no word.

Funny really, the one mission that directly tied into the Tau Dewa patrol paying the most romulan marks has been broken since day 1.

But hey, we got more ships right?
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
The whole 'Red Alert' system (Borg and Tholian) suffers from the situation of logging into an empty/completed instance EVEN WHEN the button first appears in your space map instance and you click it immediately.

It did that with the Borg Red Alerts since its introduction in Season 4 - and I think because there's only one sector block that sees Tholian Red Alerts -- the issue is more prevailent with regard to them.

What I really don't get - is how they have a system that will auto start a fresh instance for any team (the Public Queue content, be it STFs, etc.) that's fully populated on the fly -- yet with their Red Alert mechanic it honestly seems to misfire more often then not -- and it's been in this state for over a full year, with no real resolution. Is it really that hard to fix, or is it so low priority on the content pole that Cryptic sees no value to making a mechanic that player do really want to use (and are frustrated when the button pops and deposits into an empty/completed instance); Is there really no way to set a system that spawns a fresh instance as needed; or flags/locks out a finished empty instance so the map transfer routine DOESN'T continue to zone new player into it?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 9
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM
My guess would be because its to the players benefit (ie: the mission pays 10 romulan marks repeated daily.) and without it increases the grind, which is to Cryptics benefit.

Look over the major glitches that have been fixed. Anything that got the players ahead, nerfed. Anything that sets the players back, ignored and put on the back burner. The Tau Dewa sector and New Romulus are so bug ridden it doubles the normal grind for marks.

Ever wonder why there are no events that pay out in Romulan Marks, or even give you a bonus?

Romulan Marks are Cryptics way of controlling how fast players progress. They won't fix these bugs any time soon. They have a whole new update incoming to screw more things up with.