Ensign
# 1 A doff question
01-28-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum since it's a doff question, but I find the pvp community knowledgeable so I'd rather post this query here if it's ok.

I've heard that you can run two of the AP doffs to reduce the cd on APO so that it'll run seamlessly with an uptime of 50%, but I took a look at them recently and noticed that each doff only reduces an attack pattern's cd by 15%. Wouldn't a captain have to run 3 doffs to reduce the cd by 45% which, technically, would mean an uptime of slightly less than 50%?

My calculation would seem to say that, with APO, you'd reduce the cd *by* 27 seconds leaving the actual cooldown at 33 seconds (of which APO's uptime is 15).

Am I missing something? Is the two AP doff system if you run APD/B with it that it runs seamlessly? This is sort of a crucial point for my build b/c I'm debating running double APO1 or forking out the cash to run APO3.

As a tangential question, would APO1 x2 be better than a single copy of APO3? A hypothetical scenario I had in mind was for if/when a sci captain subnucs me, I could just kick on the second copy of APO1 whereas with a single APO3 build, I'd have to eat the cd.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help folks can offer.
Captain
# 2
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Two DOffs require a third AP, usually Delta. You hit AP:O, it goes onto cooldown, hit Delta and it reduces them so that you can use another AP:O.

You can use three DOffs to run just AP:O alone the same way. It really depends on how competitive your DOff slots are and just how wealthy you are too.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Two DOffs require a third AP, usually Delta. You hit AP:O, it goes onto cooldown, hit Delta and it reduces them so that you can use another AP:O.

You can use three DOffs to run just AP:O alone the same way. It really depends on how competitive your DOff slots are and just how wealthy you are too.
i wasn't even sure about this. i better double check that theres 2 different attack pasterns in my builds that recommend 2 AP doffs
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Ensign
# 4
01-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Thank you guys, so much, for the help.