Career Officer
# 71
01-29-2013, 06:11 PM
As I stated in another thread, I think the easiest solution is to have two Foundry tabs, one for "Instant Action" which is a sort that includes missions less than 30 minutes long. And the other for "Story" which includes missions more than 30 minutes long.

You can play around with the numbers, it could be 35 minutes as the breaking between them or whatever (although most of the "grinds" I expect are well less than 30 minutes). But either way, it would result in both types of missions generally being presented.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 72
01-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
As I stated in another thread, I think the easiest solution is to have two Foundry tabs, one for "Instant Action" which is a sort that includes missions less than 30 minutes long. And the other for "Story" which includes missions more than 30 minutes long.

You can play around with the numbers, it could be 35 minutes as the breaking between them or whatever (although most of the "grinds" I expect are well less than 30 minutes). But either way, it would result in both types of missions generally being presented.
I would agree with this. It would ease a lot of people's headaches.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 73
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post

So I have a story mission that's in the 20-30minute range. This change would screw me (and anyone else with a shorter story mission) over.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 74
01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
So I have a story mission that's in the 20-30minute range. This change would screw me (and anyone else with a shorter story mission) over.
Best way is to add meta tag functionality to the editor, add our tags and have some check boxes for types and then republish.

Those that don't won't be searchable which kinda helps for filtering out the dead weight anyways.
Rihannsu
# 75
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Best way is to add meta tag functionality to the editor, add our tags and have some check boxes for types and then republish.

Those that don't won't be searchable which kinda helps for filtering out the dead weight anyways.
I like the tag idea, but i'd add a function for people who review it to be able to chose what they think the right tag is.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 76
01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I like the tag idea, but i'd add a function for people who review it to be able to chose what they think the right tag is.
That is a capital idea!

Let the people decide I'm all for it!, but there would have to be some limitation or I could see more nefarious players spam tagging things. The author needs to retain some control over the definition of what the work is. We don't want to see "The Death of the Author" hit the foundry.

Otherwise I likey!

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 01-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Captain
# 77
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Would you prefer the current system of "Redding" the missions that are deemed too short because of author testing or people skipping through dialogue quickly?

I'd rather have categories, and different rewards for each category type, than bunching them all together and potentially losing all rewards because it's been "Reddened".

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 78
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Would you prefer the current system of "Redding" the missions that are deemed too short because of author testing or people skipping through dialogue quickly?

I'd rather have categories, and different rewards for each category type, than bunching them all together and potentially losing all rewards because it's been "Reddened".
They bring up a good point, which I think further reinforces the idea of it being a tag rather than a simple time count. We already have the time count via the search features right now, anyways.
Captain
# 79
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
That could give the various types of CXP some use and love outside the DOFF system.
Captain
# 80
01-29-2013, 10:43 PM
All well and good, but there comes a point where things just get overly complicated. Or as a Scotsman might say, don't over think the plumbing.

My vote is with a user-tagged tagging system that allows better searching. If various image sites can manage to agree on a more-or-less universal way in annotating their pictures, I think the Foundry community will too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Closed Thread