Empire Veteran
I just realised this but that kinda suck for a 1000-day ship. It should at least have 10 consoles to put it on par with the fleet ships/lockbox ships.

Chimera: 3 Eng, 2 Sci, 4 Tac = 9?!
Peg'Hu: I didn't bother to log onto my klink to check but I'm guessing its the same.

Proposal: Can we have another console added? Preferably TAC, but either ENG/SCI would be fine.
Captain
# 2
01-29-2013, 04:45 AM
it is a veteran ship for a reason. it is old, so it is not new. hence it does not have new features like 10 console slots. it is in its name.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Because its console is effectively two consoles in one.

Also its far more flexible in its BOFF arrangement than most T5+ ships, right up there with Vesta and Bugship.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-29-2013, 05:49 AM
I believe the explanation a dev gave for the lack of a 10th console slot was that the innate shield drain ability (that does not require any console) behaved like an ability that a console would usually add. Thus, the innate shield drain ability is a 10th console slot in disguise.
Captain
# 5
01-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
I believe the explanation a dev gave for the lack of a 10th console slot was that the innate shield drain ability (that does not require any console) behaved like an ability that a console would usually add. Thus, the innate shield drain ability is a 10th console slot in disguise.
I have a brilliant idea. lets decrease the number of consoles of klink ships with cloaks, as they could take up a console slot. I think that would be a popular balance
Commander
# 6
01-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
I have a brilliant idea. lets decrease the number of consoles of klink ships with cloaks, as they could take up a console slot. I think that would be a popular balance
KDF has much more primitive replicators, lesser luxuries and (in many cases) no holodeck to compensate for that already.
I'll admit that this has no in-game bearing, but it is the case.

He's dead, Jim.
Captain
# 7
01-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
KDF has much more primitive replicators, lesser luxuries and (in many cases) no holodeck to compensate for that already.
I'll admit that this has no in-game bearing, but it is the case.
lets also nerf the replicator functions on the klingon side at the inventory panel!!! we are on a roll here, keep it coming
Commander
# 8
01-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
lets also nerf the replicator functions on the klingon side at the inventory panel!!! we are on a roll here, keep it coming
Costumes... KDF have way too many costume options. We should nerf those too, while we're at it
Career Officer
# 9
01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
my impression is that klingons typically eschew multiple wardrobes (and don't shower/wash clothes often), so all they need is their warrior garb, and their ships just don't have the personal space required to carry anything else
Rihannsu
# 10
01-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
No as I said the console is two in one. Its both the attack mode with the phaser lotus and the regen mode with the shield drain ability. On other ships that would be two consoles, while on the Chimera its one.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.