Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,704
# 1 Anniversary Ships
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't remember the name of the Klingon Anniversary Ship, but we obviously know the Federation Ship is going to be the Ambassador.

If I understand correctly how this is going to work, then it'll be as follows; there will be a Tier #3 and Tier #5 version of each. The Tier #3 version will be available from the 31st and onward (forever) whereas the Tier #5 version will only be available for the Anniversary week. If you miss the week, you don't get your free Tier 5 Ship.

That I'm okay with. You'd think people would be able to get on once in the week to get the reward. What I don't like is what I have also heard; specifically that you can't claim your Tier 5 version of this ship unless you're at level 50.

I've three characters at the moment, two of which are FED (level 13 and level 50) and a KDF character that's level 31/32. I don't have the time over the next week to level up an additional character (let alone two) to max level in order to gain the Tier 5 Ship. Why can't we just unlock the ship, but be restricted from unboxing the ship until we reach that max level? Seems unfair that players who aren't at that level (especially new starters to the game) are going to miss out on a Tier #5 reward because of this restriction. What the hell?

I should note, this is only going from what I've read and pieced together. If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me. Otherwise, Cryptic ~ change the way you're going to implement this. Please.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 2
01-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
That I'm okay with. You'd think people would be able to get on once in the week to get the reward. What I don't like is what I have also heard; specifically that you can't claim your Tier 5 version of this ship unless you're at level 50.
You will be able to open the box at level 50.Where is the problem in that?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,704
# 3
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
You will be able to open the box at level 50.Where is the problem in that?
There isn't a problem if this is the case. I read elsewhere that unless you were a level 50 character, you wouldn't be able to obtain the box.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,824
# 4
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
What he said, just hold on to the box till you're 50 what's the problem?

You get the box as long as the event is on, you just can't open it till you're 50

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,452
# 5
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
What I don't like is what I have also heard; specifically that you can't claim your Tier 5 version of this ship unless you're at level 50.
That's correct. You can't claim it until you're level 50. You'll have to keep the box it comes in in your inventory or bank until you are level 50 at which point you can claim it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,051
# 6
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Well, if it works like last year you're gonna get a requisition box (like a lockbox) with the ship in it.
Just put it in a safe place until you reach level 50 and unpack it then.
I still got the Oddy and Borty box sitting in the account bank of several of my character from last time.
Relax, you're not missing out on the reward.
You just can't use it right away.

*darnit, never got ninja'd by so many people at once before.*
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,452
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
There isn't a problem if this is the case. I read elsewhere that unless you were a level 50 character, you wouldn't be able to obtain the box.
The Massively Interview they posted is clear about there being a box...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,704
# 8
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What he said, just hold on to the box till you're 50 what's the problem?

You get the box as long as the event is on, you just can't open it till you're 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
That's correct. You can't claim it until you're level 50. You'll have to keep the box it comes in in your inventory or bank until you are level 50 at which point you can claim it.
Respectfully, I don't think any of you understand me.

I was / am under the impression that you cannot CLAIM the box until you're level 50. To further extend upon that, this event lasts only for a week, and I'm not going to be able to get my other two characters up to level 50 by the end of this event, thus (if I'm right) I wont be able to claim this box. It wont matter when I get to level 50 as I'll have already missed out on the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
You just can't use it right away.
I hope you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The Massively Interview they posted is clear about there being a box...
I know this, else I wouldn't have even mentioned a box.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 9
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
The way it's described in the interview is that you need to be a minimum of level 10 to claim the boxed ship. The box can only be opened at level 50.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 10
01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
thus (if I'm right) I wont be able to claim this box.
I understand what you're saying. However you're wrong. You will be able to claim the box, you just won't be able to open it until that character is level 50.

Quote:
Those who complete the mission will earn a Support Cruiser Starship ? Ambassador Class (Tier 3), as well as a Support Cruiser Retrofit Starship ? Ambassador Class (Tier 5) ? this Retrofit can only be earned by completing the mission during the three-year anniversary event, and the box that it is contained in can only be opened once a player reaches Rear Admiral rank.
Note the bold portion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 AM.