Lieutenant
# 51
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Ok klingon speakers, what does Kamarag mean?
Empire Veteran
# 52
01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffytargcream View Post
Ok klingon speakers, what does Kamarag mean?
He was the Klingon ambassador to the Federation during the TOS movie years.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Kamarag

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 53
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
If the D5 ever makes an appearence in STO, forget about dancing on my head I'll do 110m hurdles on my head!
Quote:
I would love to have the D5.
I would too, been wanting that ship for my Foundry mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
How else would they get the Enterprise-C in the game?
Have the Romulans drag her out of the museum and say "sorry"?

Quote:
Maybe that is where they come from. I highly doubt the ship we get at the end of the event is the Enterprise-C itself.
Enterprise-C is one thing, but by that article, seems like lots of Ambassador-class starhips suddenly disappearing in the past and suddenly showing up in the future. Either someone is pulling strings to get the Federation ships, or someone just killing the storyline with a bunch of convienent excuses.
Captain
# 54
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Enterprise-C is one thing, but by that article, seems like lots of Ambassador-class starhips suddenly disappearing in the past and suddenly showing up in the future. Either someone is pulling strings to get the Federation ships, or someone just killing the storyline with a bunch of convienent excuses.
It's a known issue with the Ambassador-class. Why else do you think Starfleet went back to the Excelsior for its workhorse heavy cruiser instead of the later Ambassador?
Republic Veteran
# 55
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Well, the Tholians dragged the USS Defiant not only through time, but from an alternate reality too. Defiant went from the Prime TOS to Mirror ENT.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
# 56
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Vague statements and lack of specifics have cause all manner of kerfuffles between the dev team and players, ranging from simple misunderstandings at best to flat out falsehoods at worst. Not to mention it's quite annoying to be told repeatedly "stay tuned for that one piece of information you actually want while we keep talking in circles without actually saying anything".

Playing the "I know something you guys don't know" game with the playerbase is never, ever the right move.
...You do realize that's how ALL media does things, right? Build up excitement and suspence, then gradually reveal details until the final release?

Just because Cryptic has a fairly mixed reaction to it doesn't mean it's not a right move.

And on this thread's note, glad to see the Ambassador and the Kamarag class
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 57
01-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussboleyn View Post
Can you at least tell us if the T-5 version has 9 or ten console slots?
I'd also like to know this as well. It's hampered the Vet ship somewhat and it'd be a shame to see this one struggle for the same reason.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 58
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I'd also like to know this as well. It's hampered the Vet ship somewhat and it'd be a shame to see this one struggle for the same reason.
I agree completely but betting it will be 9. ... I *want* 10 for it badly.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 59
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Will they have variants? Will they be available in the Foundry?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Very happy to see this However the Nacelle's seem a little bigger than they need to. I would hope for a tweek but I figure its just waiting to shipout...

http://images.wikia.com/memory-gamma...ador_class.jpg
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=808471

So if you can tweak em down just a jag. Thanks!