Lt. Commander
Hi I am a really big fan of fighters and shuttle craft, and I would love to see more missions and fighter ships make their way into our hands. Pretty soon we will be having fleets reach Tier 5 and the use of Ultra rare hangar pets will become widespread. So isn't it about time that these fighters that we can use be upgraded as well.

I mean if we look at the list of abilities and weapons the rare, very rare, and ultra rare hangar pets have they leave our current playable fighters in the dust. So damn it give us tier 2 or tier 3 fighters lol, more weapon slots, consoles, let us modernize and change the way our fighters look, other than changing the color scheme.

What do u guys think ?????
Captain
# 2
01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
This might be something they do if/when they start making more content for small craft, but at present there's not really a lot there for small crafts to do.

If we had half as much space content for our fighters and shuttles as we do for our ships, then we totally should have more small craft options. The downside, though, is that you better be prepared to shell out 1000 to 1500 Zen for newer ones, since they likely wouldn't just buff existing ones.
Career Officer
# 3
01-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I would rather we have more shuttle/small craft content. Then I'd finally have an excuse to buy the Peregrine and stick my quad cannons on it. Pew-pew!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 4
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I never even thought to try putting quads on my Peregrine. Can you actually do that?

I would log in to try, but they still haven't fixed the patcher issue so...
Captain
# 5
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
I never even thought to try putting quads on my Peregrine. Can you actually do that?
According to STOwiki you can.

Haven't tried it myself, though.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 6
01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Yes you can put quads on a fighter (peregrine, stalker, To'Duj or whatever the KDF calls theirs...)

It isn't necessarily effective =P but it can be done.

It doesn't feel good. Things dart about too fast. You would think with all your maneuverability in a fighter it wouldn't be a problem but when you are in a fighter you are attacking things that move as quickly as you do. You get maybe a volley and a half before your target zips away and your back to dogfighting.

I use a single cannon on my Peregrine so that I can use the built in CRF. I toss a DBB on my stalker.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
# 7
01-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I can testify that the Phaser Quad Cannons work on the Tholian Widow Fighter as well.

And yes, they're not terribly useful. I'm considering putting my Tetryon-S and Thermionic Torp-S back on.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lieutenant
# 8
01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
I would rather prefer more shuttle content than beefed up shuttles. the ones I have now definitely hold their own in existing content. I tossed my torps/missles out of the airlock and either added an extra -s array or a starship beam array along with a BOff trained in fire at will and the highest tactical energy console i can afford.
Captain
# 9
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Yes you can put quads on a fighter (peregrine, stalker, To'Duj or whatever the KDF calls theirs...)

It isn't necessarily effective =P but it can be done.

It doesn't feel good. Things dart about too fast. You would think with all your maneuverability in a fighter it wouldn't be a problem but when you are in a fighter you are attacking things that move as quickly as you do. You get maybe a volley and a half before your target zips away and your back to dogfighting.

I use a single cannon on my Peregrine so that I can use the built in CRF. I toss a DBB on my stalker.
I've used Dual Phaser Cannons and a Phaser Turret on my Peregrine before to great effect, just completely tossing out the torpedo. I also loaded it up with the Point Defense console and two Phaser Relays, as well as a full set of Mk XI Omega Force equipment.

My only hesitation about using the Quad Cannons is the lack of any [Acc] bonus. My weapons right now each have [Acc]x2, because I just figured small ships would have a lot of innate defense to overcome.

Dual cannons aren't so bad with that setup, and they definitely pack a punch during the Vault when you're taking on larger ships.