Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Commander
# 11
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
You need that category to claim the next Tier of reputation.
lol damn you're right!

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
# 12 More tips
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
This is wandering a bit off topic, but I'd like to add a few more suggestions for earning Romulan Marks:

Talk to Foreman Kylor in the Staging Area, and get the "Beginning of a New Future" daily mission. One of the zones will give you additional marks. Since this directs you to different zones every day, it also helps break up the "grind".

Talk to the Romulan Radiophysicist in the Staging Area and get the "Tau Dewa Radiation Scan" daily mission, before doing the "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol" daily mission from Subcommander Mivek. This will direct you to five star systems to collect radiation reports. The reports can be turned in for marks, the scan mission gives you marks, and you progress through the Sector Patrol mission in the process -- you should be at 95% complete by the time you finish with the radiation scans.

In addition, all the systems you have to visit for the scan mission are combat related missions. I've found that the mobs drop enough loot that I can recycle for EC to buy a day's worth of commodities for reputation projects for both Romulan and Omega Force.

I recently reached Tier 5 in both Romulan and Omega Force reputation this way. Most of the Omega Force marks came out the Season 7 conversion process, so I've only just started running STFs again.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 13
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
I am very very careful when it comes to queuing projects. The only mistakes I've ever made was pre-queuing the wrong one (easily remedied by re-selecting another one).

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
02-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Well that's bad news for me.

I selected a Romulan Reputation mission, and didn't realize until after that it was a requisition mission and not a Reputation mission.

This mission is now going to sit in my queue forever, because there's no way I'm wasting 24,000 Dilithium on that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
This is wandering a bit off topic, but I'd like to add a few more suggestions for earning Romulan Marks:

Talk to Foreman Kylor in the Staging Area, and get the "Beginning of a New Future" daily mission. One of the zones will give you additional marks. Since this directs you to different zones every day, it also helps break up the "grind".

Talk to the Romulan Radiophysicist in the Staging Area and get the "Tau Dewa Radiation Scan" daily mission, before doing the "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol" daily mission from Subcommander Mivek. This will direct you to five star systems to collect radiation reports. The reports can be turned in for marks, the scan mission gives you marks, and you progress through the Sector Patrol mission in the process -- you should be at 95% complete by the time you finish with the radiation scans.

In addition, all the systems you have to visit for the scan mission are combat related missions. I've found that the mobs drop enough loot that I can recycle for EC to buy a day's worth of commodities for reputation projects for both Romulan and Omega Force.

I recently reached Tier 5 in both Romulan and Omega Force reputation this way. Most of the Omega Force marks came out the Season 7 conversion process, so I've only just started running STFs again.
This is what I do. I love combat mission more than "picking relics" and "herding space cats" hehe.

So I usually pop in, do my scan, and then pop out. you CAN repeat the SAME area (i.e. zone out after you finish combat and zone right back in to get another 20%)

If you are lucky with Red Alert mission and beat it, you get like 25% I think.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.