Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Career Officer
# 11
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I can't help but notice in your videos that the Borg explode far more easily than I remember them. What are you doing that makes your oddly rigged mixed-console ship do that kind of damage?

You also seem to appear to be taking far less damage than the volume of fire in that video suggests you should be, especially given the low-quality equipment on the ship. I think I even saw you eat a torpedo without exploding. How's that work?
It's like magic innit? I dunno maybe they nerfed the stf's a bit. I think the original ones were much harder. Before the public ques. At that time all I did was PVP so I have no experience with them. But in the past year at least I've been doing them as you see. So if you're just asking about the past year well all I can say is using abilities to keep shields up, keeping up a steady fire, etc etc. Also in some shots you may not see it but there's times where I say my team is on the way to help out as well, so it isn't all just my fire!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Ensign
# 12
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Grats on being so close to your new ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBo6o1l501g

That's a Marauder. In common crappy gear just for demo purposes. The purpose being to show that you don't need RCS consoles on it. Oh and it has cannons and mines and all that good stuff as well.

RCS consoles make the egg bringer cry!

Cheers happy flying!
The Marauder is a lot of fun. It is ugly, but that's part of the charm.
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-01-2013, 12:22 AM
As far as I am concerned, the Fleet Corsair is the best ship ever. It is a tough cruiser with great science powers, and the best selection of the best fighters in the game.

That is all.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 14
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
You guys were right no discount (boo). I still bought it and wow is the Fleet Corsair an awesome beast.

I'm going to change up my boff powers somewhat.

I promoted my Science Ensign to lt. and that gave me a second feedback pulse. What's funny is I also have transfere shield strength, which shares cooldown with Feedback pulse. These shouldn't work togother, it should be overloading the cooldown.

Its not though because feedback pulse lasts long enough that by the time when I want to bring it back up the cool down on the other one is over and those moments were both are still on cool down from recent use of both, I use Transfere shield strength as by that point I need too.

Right now my Current Boff powers are

Tac Tactical Team, Mine Disperal Pattern Alpha.

Enigeer Emergancy power to weapons x2, DEM, Aceton Beam 3, Reverse Shield Polarity

Science: Feedback Pulse x2, Transfer Shield Strength, Hazard Emitters, Energy Siphon II.

I'm toying with the idea of getting Tractor Beam II, Enigeering team in place of one of the emergency power to weapons. And if I get launch flight deck doffs, maybe fit Boarding party in there somehow, to get maxium benifit from them.
Captain
# 15
02-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Ok just a few friendly tips

Get rid of aceton beam it's useless

Wheres your emergency power to shields? No build should be without this IMO

Don't even think about putting boarding parties in there it would only gimp you further even in pve it does nothing

Unless you do pvp get rid of feedback pulse pve enemy's don't fire on you fast enough to be an offensive measure and they won't change target because your using it
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 16
02-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Just for lulz, my Fleet Corsair is currently using

Weapons
2 beam arrays, 2 cannons
3 turrets, cutting beam

Consoles
Neutronium alloy *4
Assimilated console, plasmonic leech, aceton assimilator, shield emitter array
Disruptor coils *2

Hangar
Elite scorpion fighters

Boffs
Tactical team 1, Attack pattern beta 1
Emergency power to weapons 1, Engineering team 2, Emergency power to shields 3, Auxiliary to Structural 3
Emergency power to weapons 1

Polarize hull 1, Science team 2, Transfer shield strength 3
Hazard emitters 1, Hazard emitters 2

Doffs
Shield distribution officer *1
Maintenance engineer *2
Development lab scientist *2

It's more or less immortal while still doing a respectable showing for damage output, and everything can be shared with allies.

When you look at a ship like this, and compare it to the Federation's stuff, it's just sad. Fleet Corsair doesn't even have the dual cannons and cloaking device, and it still walks all over Fed fleet cruisers.
Commander
# 17
02-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Just for lulz, my Fleet Corsair is currently using

Weapons
2 beam arrays, 2 cannons
3 turrets, cutting beam

Consoles
Neutronium alloy *4
Assimilated console, plasmonic leech, aceton assimilator, shield emitter array
Disruptor coils *2

Hangar
Elite scorpion fighters

Boffs
Tactical team 1, Attack pattern beta 1
Emergency power to weapons 1, Engineering team 2, Emergency power to shields 3, Auxiliary to Structural 3
Emergency power to weapons 1

Polarize hull 1, Science team 2, Transfer shield strength 3
Hazard emitters 1, Hazard emitters 2

Doffs
Shield distribution officer *1
Maintenance engineer *2
Development lab scientist *2

It's more or less immortal while still doing a respectable showing for damage output, and everything can be shared with allies.

When you look at a ship like this, and compare it to the Federation's stuff, it's just sad. Fleet Corsair doesn't even have the dual cannons and cloaking device, and it still walks all over Fed fleet cruisers.
I tend to get myself into situations where I have alot of enemies firing energy weapons at me at one time and feedback pulse works on them all.

I am dumping Aceton beam 3 once I figure out how to get DEM 3, as a Tac Captain that's harder as I have to find someone to trade my commander to.

So here is my plan so far.

Tac Tactical Team, Cannon Rapid Fire or MDPA depending on which tac officer I use.

Enigeer Emergency Power to Weapons, Enigeering Team, Boarding Party, Reverse Shield Polarity II, Directed Energy Modulation III.

Science: Hazard Emitters, Transfere Shield Strength, Feedback Pulse, Tractor Beam II, Siphon Energy II.

I decided on boarding party anyways, just for fun. I have no problem blowing ships up in PVP, even tactical cubes, so I'm not worried. And that's with substandard equiptment and Advanced Slavers, not Elite Scorpions like the,above poster does.

Now that I have my Fleet Corsair, I can focus on Equiptment.

I'm thinking Fleet Polaron Cannons, Fleet Deflector Dish for the 10% cooldown decrease for Sci Powers.

I also want the launch Flight Deck Duty officers, to boost the rate at which I can launch fighters and boarding parties, and better Projectile Mine Duty officers.
Captain
# 18
02-01-2013, 03:23 AM
I'm out of game ATM but I'm sure I can either train dem for you or I have an engi with it on

Just add me in game ill have a new laptop by Tuesday so ill be back

Mustafatennick

Fleet weapons are great for pve if you can get your hands on them
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 19
02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I can play till Tuesday either. Thank you. It will be awesome to have DEM III.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
I've been running a fleet Corsair for about a month now on my one Orion engineer. Of all my characters, its the best "true" Cruiser I have. Yeah I know its still a hybrid, but everything else I have is a battlecruiser that can mount cannons.

Anyway here's my build. Equipment is done and finalized. I might switch out the Interceptors for Elite Scorpions once I'm done the Romulan Rep system, I dunno yet. Boffs might get switched around, I'm still testing the viability of a Aux to Battery build with this, so far its working fairly well since I already have to run high Aux.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4126/crosair.jpg

Boff Stations:
LT Tactical:
Tac Team 1, Torpedo Spread 2

Commander Engineering:
Emergency to Shields, Aux to battery 1, Aux to Battery 2, Reverse Shield Polarity

Lt Engineering:
Emergency power to shields

Lt Commander Science:
Polarize Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Gravity Well 1

Lt Science:
Hazard Emitters 1, Tyken's Rift 1