Career Officer
# 101
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Hm.

Time to start deciding who gets to get de-rezzed to free up toon space, I guess.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE ROMULAN STAR EMPIRE (or what remains of it).
Republic Veteran
# 102
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
U.S.S. Hype Machine has cleared spacedock...ready for warp.
Set a course for the Romulan faction.
Course laid in.
Maximum warp....Punch it...
Captain
# 103
01-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Tasha Yar needs her own Season 1 hairstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoid View Post
While watching this http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/st...r-anniversary/ I saw web address at the end of the video. It links here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013 , it's part of the site but I see no links to it. If its just the name of the new season, why the secrecy?
It's not secrecy, it's a teaser. Designed to do exactly what it has done -- start conversations and building interest.
Captain
# 105
01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
With three factions, PvP will become very, very interesting now...
In a "Perfect World" it might be .
In our dimension , it's another story ... .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
SWTOR maintains just under 1mil active accounts, L1 and L2 still around 1mil each, another NC title 2.5mil, WoW Global 10mil. Best and most 'recent' estimates for STO (and this info is REALLY hard to find since Cryptic is oh-so 'cryptic' about, well....anything) put it between 200k-250k as an extremely rough estimate. EVE sits at 350k-400k or so and CCP isn't trying to keep anything secret, they regularly release their statistics. I personally find it unlikely that STO would be much closer to EVE's numbers than that, 'F2P' or not.

Also, with the fiscal 'troubles' PWE has had end of Q3 last year despite the release of a new title seems to indicate not very much is being generated from this corner of the Galaxy even worth mentioning....well except NW.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...year-over-year
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Career Officer
# 107
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Dear Cryptic,
Please don't create a viral-esque website location and blip on a trailer and not deliver what the obvious expectation is and then play dumb as if you thought people wouldn't think what they thought it meant.

IE: If this does NOT mean a Romulan Playable faction then you need to state that NOW. Otherwise you're bringing hate down on yourselves. Also, if it does mean a Romulan Faction you need to clarify that you've got content coming to fill out the Klingons at the same time. Otherwise, more hate.

Unless you're all morons (which I highly doubt is the case) or your marketing people are morons (which, based on past history IS likely) you've got to understand the shear amount of hate you're generating with this if you don't set our expectations to where they should be.

You've been warned

EDIT: Can we get a wallpaper of that?

Last edited by hatepwe; 01-30-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 108
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Anyone know the name of the song in the trailer?

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Empire Veteran
# 109
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
+1 to this, the music was a nice touch. I've done some searching of my own and found similar music but alas, not what I want.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 110
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
+2. It's very epic and I'd like to hear it without any background noise. (no offense to Dstahl )
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q