Captain
# 111
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
19 days.
10chars.
Yeah, I'm not quite awake yet and was still kind of sleep chuckling at the thread about it when I posted this. Probably karma, the result of my laughing at the folks thinking that May was going to be here in 19 days... that will teach me.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Yeah, I'm not quite awake yet and was still kind of sleep chuckling at the thread about it when I posted this. Probably karma, the result of my laughing at the folks thinking that May was going to be here in 19 days... that will teach me.
a closer look reveals the first number as years, yep. 20 years and counting to romulus, thats a timeline even cryptic can handle
Captain
# 113
03-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
a closer look reveals the first number as years, yep. 20 years and counting to romulus, thats a timeline even cryptic can handle
20 years keeps coming up...
20 years for a Romulan Faction...
20 years for a one man fleet to get to T3 Shipyard...
20 years for me to have the skill to fly a Sci Fleet Norgh...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 114
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
In TNG the Warbird was supposed to be able to outmatch the Galaxy in almost every way except for max warp speed. The episode where Troi poses as a Tal Shiar agant, the Commander threatens to decloak and destroy the Enterprise and both her and Troi seemed sure that she would be able to do it.

It should be about as tanky as a cruiser with a little less engineering since its not a team healer but a warship. I would like a boff layout like this for it.
Its hull, shield , and manuverablilty stats should be similar to the Fleet Vorcha, maybe slightly lower if they give it a battlecloak.

Lt Cmdr Tac

Cmdr Eng
Ensign Eng

Lt sci

Lt Universal (or sci)
Commander
# 115
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
In MAY!

IF this is legit, what do you guys reckon will be specials for each ship, and what shiptypes do you reckon they will release?

Frankly i hope all romulan ships gets battle cloaks and a way more efficent cloak then klinks. And most of all i WANT that shield inversion beam on the D`deridex warbird.
I think that players of sufficient level in the Federation will be able to play Romulan characters, just like the KDF, however, the Romulan faction will not be a full-fledged faction with its' own unique story lines aside from between levels 1-20 or 25.

At that point the player will decide to join the Federation or KDF with their Romulan character.

Romulans will have a home-world like Sol system. Romulans will have their own racial starships. Romulans will get a tab in the cryptic store.

Romulans will belong to the KDF or Federation, yet at the same time have their own racial hub to buy ships and stuff... just my thoughts on it.
Commander
# 116
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Who knows.. maybe Romulans will be the Epic Faction, that you can only play when you have leveled a character to level 50.. And that starts at level 50.. and in that same update.. we get a new level cap..

What? Don't look at me like that.. I'm not Crazy.. I don't think.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!
If this is the case then Cryptic takes two queues from World of ******** that I think will pertain to the Romulan faction.

1) Romulans start neutral and join one of the two existing factions. (Pandaren)

2) Romulans are a reward race for hitting max level. (Death Knight)
Commander
# 117
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martydarty View Post
Theres not much there to say a faction, and with all the interviews saying that its unlikely any further playable factions coming in 2013 I would says its either another zone or story branch.

5 months to may they have created a faction I doubt that way to quick, there would be any content for it shame but I don't think so.
It is quite possible that the teaser is only for a feature episode and maybe another Romulan fleet action.
Career Officer
# 118
03-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
It is quite possible that the teaser is only for a feature episode and maybe another Romulan fleet action.
Doubtful.

Something that piddly wouldn't consume as much resources as it is now. So much so, that some things have been pushed to the backburner.

It's the Rommies in one form of another.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 119
03-03-2013, 02:21 PM
And the crowd goes for a resounding wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 120
03-03-2013, 03:35 PM
T-minus 17 days until Dev splurges!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.