Captain
# 241
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Even though I'm in grumble mode, for those that didn't see this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=157

It does clarify some things that might not have been clear in the actual Ask Cryptic. It's a Stahl post...
Career Officer
# 242
03-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Meh, disappointing but great for those fleets that have already maxed out their ****.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
# 243
03-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Honestly, I'm ok with the Romulans being tied to either helping the Feds or helping the Klingons. I like that we'll be able to join existing fleets. It makes it difficult for me to decide which side of the game I'd want to join up with at first. Maybe I'll make one for each side, we'll see what the Warbirds look like of course. And just how game breaking they will be.

In otherwords..

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 244
03-30-2013, 12:28 AM
So not a real faction then... unless I'm reading something terribly wrong...

Romulan costumed feds or klinks... that choose a faction at level 10.

Boring. lol
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 245
03-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Actually, there are some rather interesting later possibilities with this, especially when it comes to ships.

Just hope they don't make Romulan D7s exclusive to KDFRom.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 246
03-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Actually, there are some rather interesting later possibilities with this, especially when it comes to ships.

Just hope they don't make Romulan D7s exclusive to KDFRom.
I'd assume all Rommy gear is available to all Rommies. Also, any KDF or Fed gear available is similar to how the Rep system allows KDF/Feds access to some Rommy stuff. The only difference would what if any Fleet gear would be available to the Rommy toons in a Fed/KDF Fleet.

If/when they get around to PvP @ Fleet bases that has impacts on the Fleets fighting then I'd want a Rommy Fleet Starbase. Otherwise it's basically just a grind anyway unless you're into RPing (not that it's a bad thing, just not my thing).
Lt. Commander
# 247
03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
ha ha hobos max base will get my rommie stacked to faceroll you all. stupid cryptic, yeah well forget the opvp rom fleet idea
Captain
# 248
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I think the next question they will have to answer is...

Will there ever been Rom Fleet ships ?

Because if there isn't that means the cost of quality Rom ships will be higher priced zen store versions.... Secondly if there is fleet Rom ships, does that mean they will be open to feds and klinks seeing as its the same base ?

The entire thing is lazy.

Its not a new faction at all....

They could write 20 different versions of levels 1-10 for Cardasians / Gorn / Liberated Borg / Ferengi / Hirogen / the Husnock (lol) / Jem'Hadar / Vidiian / Tholian why not / Species 8472.... and at level 10 they pick a major faction and play there missions....

Hey look we have like 20 factions where great. lol

Romulans are a Minor Faction... and that is all. There a Race option that gets its own unique 1hr of game play at the start of the game... unless I'm completely wrong.

Still something but hardly what anyone hoped for.

PS just had a fantastic idea.....

Cryptic should hold a foundry comp... for the creation of starter levels for multiple races... mhahaha. A bit of polish on the winners and bingo bango new factions.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 03-30-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Rihannsu
# 249
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM
One thing I do like, even if it's not truelly it's own independent Faction of it's own, and a third side to the game, it kinda is done right. Especially since it still has its own ships and it can use the ships of the faction it sides with. I have no problem with this at all and I can understand it.

Might even fly around with Mini again.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 250
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
As long as Romulans have access to Accurate/Elusive, why would anybody roll anything but a Fed-Rom or KDF-Rom from now on though? Okay, there are the RP folks - the folks that absolutely want to play a certain race regardless of Traits - and - can't make that race with an Alien...or just don't want to be an Alien.

Other than them, though - who?

A Fed-Rom will have access to everything a Fed has.
A KDF-Rom will have access to everything a KDF has.

The Romulan will also have access to the Romulan stuff, that the Fed/KDF won't have access to - outside of whatever they throw in the Romulan lockbox they mentioned.

For folks that have alts or even a main, where that toon doesn't have Fleet Ships/Lockbox Ships, etc, etc... why wouldn't they just turn around and reroll them as Romulans?

It's kind of funny - but it's basically a Romulan takeover of both the Feds and KDF outside of those folks that are so heavily invested in a character. Even then, what are the odds they'll just role the exact same type of toon as a Romulan and just build up whatever that toon has over time (potentially avoiding any mistakes they made with their other toon(s))...?

Given the various reruns that they do, etc - there aren't many things that you can't get again...

...it's a sneaky Romulan invasion of both the Feds and KDF. Evil.