Empire Veteran
# 131
01-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I wished the T5 Retrofit Ambassador would have been Probert's original concept design.
I'm going to make a bet that they are going to skip the C-store and make a fleet version and it will have a skin based off the original concept design.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Ensign
# 132 How long would it be?
01-31-2013, 04:17 AM
How Long would the mission last/ how long will we be able to get the ship?http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...s/confused.gif
Career Officer
# 133
01-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia, the U.S.S. Exeter was Ambassador class. That wasn't stated in canon, though.

Several Ambassador class ships appeared in TNG; it's more than likely at least some of them were still in service during the Dominion War.
I'd be VERY surprised if they weren't, considering some of the god-awful kitbash ships (often referred to as the Frankenstein fleet) that we saw, numerous times, during various Dominion war DS9 episodes!

If Starfleet were so desperate for ships that they were fielding junk like the Frankenstein fleet I really can't see how they could NOT use proven designs, regardless of their age(s). So far as I am concerned, this was one of those 'suspension of disbelief' moments, and not seeing the likes of the Ambassador class, Constellation class etc didn't mean that they weren't there.

Heck, we didn't see any Sovereign class ships either......

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 01-31-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcainx View Post
How Long would the mission last/ how long will we be able to get the ship?http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...s/confused.gif
The T5 ship is available until 2/14.
Captain
# 135
01-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Finally found a thread about the Ambassador.
Let me say this from the beginning, i hate it's BOFF layout. It's just as lame as the Galaxy Class BO layout. If Cryptic really hates TNG ships that much, then they should just stop introducing them. Flying such a ship is just a pain and plain boring.

Good day.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 136
01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
considering that Connie, Excel, Oberth, and Miranda are older and still in service the Ambassador is not dated in comparison
Commander
# 137
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Finally found a thread about the Ambassador.
Let me say this from the beginning, i hate it's BOFF layout. It's just as lame as the Galaxy Class BO layout. If Cryptic really hates TNG ships that much, then they should just stop introducing them. Flying such a ship is just a pain and plain boring.

Good day.
I guess we just have to hope against hope that there are 3 versions in the C-store so there would be a difference in BOFF layout. I agree, the BOFF layout leaves much to be desired.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Republic Veteran
# 138
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I am just wondering why the ship has a LTC science station but only has two science consoles. The Boff seating says its a Sci cruiser but the console setup says its a tac cruiser.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Lt. Commander
# 139 Sweet Rides!
01-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Thank You Cryptic! Awarding the new ships as both Tier 3 and 5 versions in one event is perhaps the most Briliant move to make! I sorely miss the T3 Excelsior (once puchaseable by energy credits) so a new ship for Commanders is a most welcome addition to the fleet! I'm gonna be busy, grabbing these for all my characters but it is clearly worth it! Thank You again Cryptic team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Curious - can the KDF ship mount dual cannons?
All Klingon ships can mount DCs & DHCs
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

Last edited by sarvour0; 01-31-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Ensign
# 140
02-01-2013, 02:36 AM
I think the visual design is excellent. I saw a small model of Enterprise-C with blue trim. So I used the veteran hull and add blue Orion style pattern. Most of my ships have red patterns. It is not the best ship obviously but I love it. Usually in PvE matches I charge head first at Borg ships and take damage. Which being a tax officer and not tanking can be aggravating and costly. I thought owning enterprise a through e would be great. And it is. I was very careful with my attack on my first mission with the ambassador. I used the Borg space set an r s accelerator and spiral wave disrupters. It did great. Almost got caught up by orions in fed fleet alert but the ship took a pounding and repairs were quick. I was cautious with this ship and it paid off. Can't wait to get home and do some more stf and fleet mark runs.

Vice-Admiral Adams
Task Force Spectre
USS Imperator
Ambassador Class starship