Captain
# 41
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
The ship that's nearly a century out of date outclasses most cruisers that came after it, that's not a valid complaint?
Both of those ships are recent retrofits. Learn to read.

Age usually bears no relevance to ship capabilities in STO, because most ships at Tier 5 are retrofits, refits, fleet retrofits, ...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 42
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Looks like it's going to put a damper on the players who don't like to support other players.
I don't doubt that support is much valued in PvP. However, the way STO designs its PvE, everything goes super awesome if all participants are geared for maximum DPS. A cruiser with a turn rate of 7 can't do this very well.
Captain
# 43
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
What a shame, the kamarag is one of the best looking KDF ships to come from Crypric in a while but utterly useless to anyone but the healboat drivers.

Can I simply have the skin for my breen cruiser ?

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 44
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
It's not bad, compared to the Heavy Cruiser Retrofit. Basically it's got more Sci ability and a slightly larger hull and it turns a point slower. Compared to the Galaxy Retrofit though, If I follow Cryptic logic the Galaxy should have 40K hull instead of 39K since it is slower.

Poor Galaxy gets the shaft on that one. Only thing the Galaxy has going for it is the 1000 crew.

Last edited by drudgy; 01-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 45
01-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
What a shame, the kamarag is one of the best looking KDF ships to come from Crypric in a while but utterly useless to anyone but the healboat drivers.
Why do you say that? A turn of 10.5 and likely being able to use DHCs (Cryptic is notorious for not getting stats right in the initial post) means this will be a different flavor Vor'Cha, which is an awesome ship.
Captain
# 46
01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Why do you say that? A turn of 10.5 and likely being able to use DHCs (Cryptic is notorious for not getting stats right in the initial post) means this will be a different flavor Vor'Cha, which is an awesome ship.
I must be doing something wrong, my engie kicks more butt in a raptor (and lives longer) than a cruiser , so I can't even use this new ship without a major modification in his specs and my playstyle.

I won't even consider this ship for my TAC.

Yes, disappointed.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 47
01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
I've updated the blog to note that the T3 and T5 version of the Kamarag can equip cannons (dual and dual heavy, of course)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 48
01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
It's a FREE ship you get for playing a NEW mission created for the event. If you don't like it, don't use it and stop reading the positive comments.

And, I hate soup anyway!
Then enjoy your free ship and stop reading the negative comments.

And no one cares if you dislike soup.
All cloaks should be canon.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
It saddens me to see the reactions of a certain element. Their selfish complaints should not overshadow the joy many of us are feeling that Cryptic are finally filling what has long been the most glaring gap in the lineup of iconic vessels this game features.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
I would have settled for more free Q photos instead....another useless ship...what is free? what the heck....for those who loved the Ambassador...what were you thinking? Another ship (cruiser Dreadnought) that looks like an upside down vacuum cleaner... and slow as a snail in space