Career Officer
# 81
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Well, I for one would like to thanks the devs; I love the Ambassador class (and always have), it'll suit my sci-toon very nicely, it looks fantastic and it's FREE.

And the fact that it's free notwithstanding, now that the 'template' is in the game a fleet/C-store version could well be in the pipeline too.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
The ship is appreciated.

the configuration fills the last starfleet cruiser niche, so well done.

The only valid complaint is, that it leaves the Galaxy Class completely in the dust.

I was playing some Captain PvP today and was glad to see some of them for a change.

personally I think at this point the Galaxy-R deserves another complete overhaul.

Not sure if existing Galaxys should be grandfathered, but a fitting design for those cruisers would be a maximum of versatility with a similar boff layout as the Odyssey.

Adjust the hull, shield and turn stats and maybe the console slots to give the odyssey a slight edge, but both of them need customizable flagship configurations.

The Galaxy deserves that much.
Career Officer
# 83
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
Yep, though it was constructed 30 years before the galaxy class it is vastly superior to it. It is also on par with the galaxy retrofit, which was outfitted with technology that's 80 years after the Ambassador was constructed. Makes sense to Cryptic, I suppose.

Yeah, you'll see it everywhere for a few days, maybe even a week. Then everyone will move back to their ships that aren't awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Or a Galor if you have one; I don't use mine much any more because I just couldn't stand that it looks like garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Ye those Galaxy wings in DS9 that were literaly pushing galors away with their heavy beams were really pathetic in combat...not
First off, I said TNG episodes. The DS9 battles acted as if no ships were using shields, even still, the Galaxys were shown firing one phaser beam at a time, hardly an arsenal. TNG starred a Galaxy class and showed it in battle in various circumstances, and is therefore a better reference than DS9 battles. Further, this would still not mean that the Galaxy outguns Excelsior or Ambassador if they were retrofitted with equal technology. There were plenty of Excelsiors in DS9 battles as well. (Hell look at the retrofitted Excelsior Class Lakota whooping up on the Defiant in "Paradise Lost") My main point being, the Galaxy wasn't meant as a tactical vessel in any way, it was pure exploration. The era that the Excelsior and Ambassador existed was more dangerous. The Galaxy launched in an era where we were fairly peaceful, even with the Klingons, and hadn't seen the Romulans in 50 years. So it's not a stretch, and bottom line, the ships are free, so no sense in complaining if you're not spending money or even much time to acquire them.

Last edited by odyssey47; 01-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
Yep, though it was constructed 30 years before the galaxy class it is vastly superior to it. It is also on par with the galaxy retrofit, which was outfitted with technology that's 80 years after the Ambassador was constructed. Makes sense to Cryptic, I suppose.

Yeah, you'll see it everywhere for a few days, maybe even a week. Then everyone will move back to their ships that aren't awful.
let me quote Cryptic: Support Cruiser Retrofit ? Ambassador Class . " This classic Ambassador Class Cruiser has been retrofitted with the latest in Federation technology."
(I even bolted the parts if you are that stupid to read)
Empire Veteran
# 85
01-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I am often judgmental of Cryptic, I think they are running this game into the ground for mere profit. But I can give credit where it is due. They don't have to do this, but they did so thanks guys.

I am a little disappointed in the KDF ships stats, but it's a free ship so it isn't a huge deal. Though if they make a C-store version (hopefully not a damn pack) I hope they correct this error. KDF had so few ships and so the ones we get should be pretty solid rather than the load of rubbish we often get. The Fed get a dime a dozen so not a lot of room to complain there, they'll have a nother ship in a couple of months anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
01-30-2013, 02:25 PM
This all looks good to me.

What were people expecting?
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Survivor of Romulus
# 87
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
What bugs me more than anything is this:

The Kamarag has:
+ 3.5 turn (or 150% the turn rate)
Can Mount Dual Cannons
A fracking Cloak
+5 weapon power and +5 Engine Power

all at the cost of 4,500 hull (oh noes!), -5 Shield Power, -5 Aux Power

I'd give up that much hull and power JUST for the +3.5 turn rate, let alone the ability to mount cannons and CLOAK!

People should never, ever complain about the feds getting anything, when the what the KDF gets is almost always superior (especially when it comes to cruiser stats)
Well at least it shows people that the Klingons are not mindless space-orcs like some think of them. The honorable engineers of Ty'Gokor seem to always manage to create better spacecraft than the Federation.

Jokes aside, it's how it's suposed to be. The Federation is a peacefull organization and Starfleet starships reflect these priorities. Thus they have better defensive capabilities. On the other side, the Klingon Empire is since forever a dreaded warlike space power that reflects their ships having better firepower.
If you like raw firepower, may I suggest joining the KDF?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 88
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandorous View Post

By all accounts, considering that the ship is free, it would appear that they wanted a whole lot for very little (or in this case, nothing).

Still, let those who wish to look gift horses in the mouth continue to do so.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Republic Veteran
# 89
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandorous View Post

A ship with 5 Tac consoles and LT commander tac, and a console that sends enemy ships back to the end of time to die in one shot.lol

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Empire Veteran
# 90
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
good free ships. Nothing wrong with them.