Empire Veteran
# 11
01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
They mentioned in the massively (?) video this week that they will resolve the issue of present and future factions in the game soon.
KDF/Romulan blah blah
Captain
# 12
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
If by finished you mean they've successfully driven away all the KDF players by May then sure.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
# 13
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, you know what that means is that they will find a cheap solution to the issue. Something like KDF, Romulan and new factions will be allied with the federation or something like that.
So it won't be a unique faction, it will be fed clones or something.
But you know what, it is better than nothing.
Rihannsu
# 14
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
I could see them doing a minifaction that lacks story missions. they have most of the resources needed for a bare-bones version of the RSE already. The main asset needed would be the RSE HQ. It doesn't need to be as expansive as what the Feds and KDF have, at least not at start.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 15
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
any minifaction aligned with FED's is not a faction, but an insult. also a loss in revenue.

whoever proposes this should feel really bad about himself

(looking forward to a cheap Romulan faction with HQ, fleet stuff, foundry, DOFF's, PVP and some dailies - gonna go FULL IN!)

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post

The Romulans will be a faction, however on release, you will start at level 25 and most all the missions will be broken. All the KDF players will start laughing, but realization will set in that their missions are still broken. All the Federation players will snicker at the Romulan/KDF pain, and continue to explore the galaxy.
If I may try to follow up...

The RSE & KDF players get fed up with the lack of content compared to the Fed. and decide to join forces in game and attack only Feds. in PvP togehter without fighting each other, just to piss them off. The Feds. start whining and eventually it becomes so bad that the devs. heads are about to expolde. So they decide to make an highly OP Cardassian faction to endulge all whiners, with ships that can pewpew any KDF, Fed or RSE ship with a couple of shots, but charge it 7000 zen for joining the faction and 8500 zen for each ship.

Couldn't resist, was in a joking mood
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Rihannsu
# 17
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
any minifaction aligned with FED's is not a faction, but an insult. also a loss in revenue.

whoever proposes this should feel really bad about himself

(looking forward to a cheap Romulan faction with HQ, fleet stuff, foundry, DOFF's, PVP and some dailies - gonna go FULL IN!)
As long as the players have the RSE logo on them in the UI I'll call it good. "Aligned with Feds" doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be part of the Federation, just that their faction isn't at war with the Feds.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
01-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
As long as the players have the RSE logo on them in the UI I'll call it good. "Aligned with Feds" doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be part of the Federation, just that their faction isn't at war with the Feds.
That's one of the issues with these lockboxes and likely only reason we have not seen a Romulan Lockbox yet. It will be very difficult for them to add these races later, playable or not, as non-aligned factions with reputation and rewards. They've already doled out a sizable portion of their assets.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 19
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I think the "promises" of a full KDF faction before a new Romulan one are out the window.

The Management knows Romulans = $$$$, there will be a spit out minifaction based mostly on Rep grinding for Romulan ships/clothing/etc.

KDF players might get lucky with another 1-shot mission like Alpha.
Career Officer
# 20
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
At this point I'd just be happy with copypasta.

The last straw for me and the KDF was Fed getting a copypasta of the KDF minefield mission (to *REPLACE* an already in-place mission...) yet they couldn't be arsed to copy Starbase 24 so the KDF could have a version.

Anybody still holding on to the KDF just can't read the writing on the wall. My Orion is a little played alt now. It's a pity, I love KDF ships.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard