Rihannsu
# 71
01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Of course I can, duaths:

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

Season 8 specifically says:

New Romulus-like adventure zone in the Nimbus System

It has been listed there for MONTHS. No matter how many times I link to it through our fleet forums you seem to pass right over it, delcaring that Romulans are coming for certain in May. Prove it. Link me to something that says otherwise. And no, I don't mean link me to something that says "Romulans are a maybe;" link me to something that says for certain "Romulans are due out in May!"

You like to skip over the facts. Stop. Slow down and take a breath and do some research before jumping to conclusions and ignoring what others' have to say.
Career Officer
# 72
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
I have no doubt we are getting some sort of Romulan faction in May.

I just think it is pre-mature, unless they manage to fill the KDF's PvE queue before May. It is certainly possible, I just haven't heard any plans for that yet.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Captain's Log is now asking the same question:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...-future-story/

Maybe the developers will "grace" us with a response...
Captain
# 74
02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Captain's Log is now asking the same question:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...-future-story/

Maybe the developers will "grace" us with a response...
Interesting article and one I agree with. The idea of an "enemy" faction is curious though, does a game like STO really need one?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 75
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Interesting article and one I agree with. The idea of an "enemy" faction is curious though, does a game like STO really need one?
Not in the slightest. KDF should have been an ally from the start. Approaching the same Iconian problem from different angles. And then when everyone got to lvl 50 they get to dig into the issue together.

I'm okay with the FEs being copypasta since there's nothing culture specific about them. (Even the Doomsday Device could be done by KDF by that measure.) But a full faction needs more than just eleven missions and a red HUD.
# 76
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Care to taste the fork?

Maybe it's a reveal of a massive invasion by Iconians and Tal'shiar that has to be repulsed by the combined efforts of the Federation and Klingon Empire?
I was thinking more likely a time travel mission which sends you back to the Vulcan civil war, as from what I understand the teaser they use references the Romulan split from Vulcan.

Either way, zero chance for a playable Romulan faction, and only slightly higher than zero chance for KDF being finished (there's not enough material for playable Romulans, and finishing KDF seems pointless).
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
But a full faction needs more than just eleven missions and a red HUD.
That's why there won't be playable Romulans (also, too few ships, even though by the sound of it Romulan ships would sell well - I know I'd love me a D'Deridex).
Commander
# 77
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I like to RP and PVP in MMOs. Is the reason I joined the KDF because it was "The PVP Faction" and our enemy was the UFP.

I don't want to fight for the sake of fighting... I want to further my faction and it's interest through means other than peace. Nutcupping with the UFP is not going to do that, in the least.

Peace is a horrible idea and will be the reason I delete all and move on. I know that I am not alone and can see part of the player base doing the same... or not... but what will I care? Not my house payment and lifestyle riding on the outcomes of this game and it's future.

Also, the Rommies prolly won't have a third faction and **** will get crazy come May when the feddies get all that they want and the rest if us get to go look for new means of online entertainment. The PVE element will keep floating cryptic's boat as usual and won't even notice our departure.

Oh well, some other company will provide me with the incentive to kill others and spend cash to do it, happily.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 78
02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Not in the slightest. KDF should have been an ally from the start. Approaching the same Iconian problem from different angles. And then when everyone got to lvl 50 they get to dig into the issue together.

I'm okay with the FEs being copypasta since there's nothing culture specific about them. (Even the Doomsday Device could be done by KDF by that measure.) But a full faction needs more than just eleven missions and a red HUD (That makes your eyeballs bleed).
Fix'd for you.

But yeah, that kind of goes without saying, but I wonder if STO needs a player "enemy" faction at all. Just food for thought, that's all.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 79
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Why do people want more Cryptic missions?

Most of their missions stink. The only reason to bother with them is getting a gimmick bridge officer or two.
Quoted for truth baby!

Rse needs ascended foundry authors, let cryptic deal with the systemsstuff
Captain
# 80
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
Quoted for truth baby!

Rse needs ascended foundry authors, let cryptic deal with the systemsstuff
Cryptics stuff isn't terrible, it's just "generic'd" a bit too much. Foundry authors tend to have more fun with the responses and decisions you can make. I don't think that FE's should stop, but ascended foundry missions should be a big part of this game.