Rihannsu
# 121
08-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Great stuff mate, really helps with putting you over the top when using AMP. Great run in CSE too.

The only thing that I could fathom that would make it better would be to add a sub calculator that deals with how the Leech works in detail. Personally I just threw 9 pts in and grabbed an elite deflector and it works okay for me.
That was indeed a fantastic CSE run, probably close to a personal record time... MASS CARNAGE!!!

lol

Your kind words to me in-game were quite gratifying, so thank you for that!

I'm jealous of your Amp access. Alas, my Fleet hasn't progressed far enough to get the Elite Warp Cores (I think we've got about another month to get there). I know I'll be using my Calc to help achieve Amp success, too!

As for Plasmonic Leech, I assume you're referring to 9 points in Flow Capacitors skill. The higher that skill is, the more you can absorb. That's true. I've got a toon with 99 FC skill (Level 9) and she gets about 2pts of power per Leech stack (so +30 when at full stacks). I've never bothered with less than FC level 9 on a Leech character because it's a cheap Tier 1 skill. I've another character with Leech, in a Vo'Quv, and he's got over 200 skill (99 + 4x Sci Consoles). I can't remember his exact skill number, nor his buff, at the moment.

I'll see what I can do about working out a Leech "sub-calc"... I'll need to figure out the formula though. Watch this thread for updates.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 122 nice
08-29-2013, 11:38 PM
I just was looking for my old season 5 copy of this when I came across this. Keep up the GW this is very very handy.
Rihannsu
# 123
08-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asraschaal View Post
I just was looking for my old season 5 copy of this when I came across this. Keep up the GW this is very very handy.
Thank you. Always good to see a return "customer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
...I'll see what I can do about working out a Leech "sub-calc"... I'll need to figure out the formula though. Watch this thread for updates.
I did some preliminary Leech testing. With L9 in Flow Cap skill (ie 99 skill points), my weapons showed the Leech giving a -2 power drain to target, +2 power buff to myself. I added an Embassy +30 Flow Cap console and the weapon Leech stats changed to -/+2.3 pwr, adding a second Embassy +30 Flow Cap console changed Leech to -/+2.6 pwr. I'll want to do some more testing with a toon that has different skill, and with various quantity of/ranked consoles to confirm there's no diminishing returns, but preliminary tests suggest base Leech is -/+1 pwr, then you get 1% of your skill with no diminishing return. 54 skill (L3) should give you -/+1.54 (displayed as -/+1.5), 200 skill should give you -/+3, etc.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
09-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Got pointed to this to look at power questions, trying out the calculator now. Thanks for that.

Is it common for MMOs to change their mechanics so much? Skill tree, power impacts, currency availabilities. I figured somethings would be kept the same for the need of consistency, especially if there is no "instruction manual" or tech specs.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
09-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Question on it, does the efficient BO stack linearly? It shows on your calculator that each boff adds 7.5 to WCE, but I have read and operated under the assumption that it had diminishing returns.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Rihannsu
# 126
09-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
Got pointed to this to look at power questions, trying out the calculator now. Thanks for that.
You're welcome. Enjoy!

Quote:
Is it common for MMOs to change their mechanics so much? Skill tree, power impacts, currency availabilities. I figured somethings would be kept the same for the need of consistency, especially if there is no "instruction manual" or tech specs.
STO was my first MMO, and I've since "dabbled" in Cryptic's Champions Online, but I really can't speak for MMOs in general. STO doesn't normally change their mechanics. They do occasionally tweak power abilities from time-to-time in an attempt to balance play, but the core mechancis don't change often.

The first time the power mechanics dramatically changed was back when the skills were revamped with the launch of Season 5 (Jan 2012). Then most recently Cryptic added the Warp Core mechancis with the Legacy of Romulus expansion (May 2013). Otherwise, they have only performed minor adjustments to a couple of skills and traits, and added new ships and devices, over the years.

I keep the Calc updated as things change, so you can check back here for a new version, as needed. And if you're curious, all changes to the Calc have been recorded on the About tab located within the sheet.

Quote:
Question on it, does the efficient BO stack linearly? It shows on your calculator that each boff adds 7.5 to WCE, but I have read and operated under the assumption that it had diminishing returns.
Yup, Efficiency Traits (belonging to either BO or Captain) stack linearly. This is how the Calc represents it, and it does match game play. Where did you read otherwise?

Now there is some irregularity in the way the WCE skill affects power levels. To quote the OP: "Warp Core Efficiency only affects power levels when a subsystem is set below 75 and is most effective closer to 15."

So if you set your Auxiliary Power to 25, you'll get more bang out of your WCE skill than if you set your Aux to 50. And if your Aux were set to 80 or more, your WCE will stop helpipng your Auxiliary entirely.

This isn't Diminishing Returns, it's just the unique way in which WCE helps low power settings more than high power settings. And it helps all your subsystems that are below 75.

Lieutenant
# 127
09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
hello lordhavelock,

2 questions;

1) Why are the results of the calculations of the power settings in parentheses and some are not? Does it depend on the type of warp core, fleet or not? Is it only those calculations that excced 125 power in a setting ( I have seen some which pass 125 and are not in parentheses ).

2) I noticed that when I change the synergy tag under the warp core setting from W -- S to S -- W for example ( it happens to other combinations ), the donour energy amount is reduced. I read in STOwiki that the percentage of energy ( 7.5% ) that is sent from the donour power is not lost on the donour power, but is only a gain to the receiving power. Is there an error in the calculator or is there something that I have missed in the use of fleet warp cores?

thank you for your time and your generous nature,

yours truly,

Di'vad Retep
Rihannsu
# 128
09-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadretep View Post
1) Why are the results of the calculations of the power settings in parentheses and some are not? Does it depend on the type of warp core, fleet or not? Is it only those calculations that excced 125 power in a setting ( I have seen some which pass 125 and are not in parentheses ).
Power levels are normally capped at 125. When your subsystem's power gets over the cap the Calc will display the number over 125 in parentheses, while still showing you the game display of 125. Warp cores increase the cap, so you can sometimes see more than 125 and not have parens, though you will see them if you go over 130 in those cases.

Example, if you had enough buffs to give you 128 Shield Power, you'd see the Calc display (128) 125 for your Shields. If you happened to have a Field Stabilizing Warp Core, you'd see 128. If you had that core and 135 Shields, you'd see (135) 130.

The cap is intended to be a Hard Cap, meaning any amount displayed in the parens is wasted, and you can use this knowledge to reduce your inputs in that subsystem and put it somewhere else.

That being said, there are reports on the forums that the cap is actually Soft, at least for some applications (like Weapons Power), and "overcapping" to access the power over 125 is actually beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadretep View Post
2) I noticed that when I change the synergy tag under the warp core setting from W -- S to S -- W for example ( it happens to other combinations ), the donour energy amount is reduced. I read in STOwiki that the percentage of energy ( 7.5% ) that is sent from the donour power is not lost on the donour power, but is only a gain to the receiving power. Is there an error in the calculator or is there something that I have missed in the use of fleet warp cores?
The STOwiki is correct, there is no lost power from the donor in a Synergy tag. I checked the Calc, I'm not seeing any loss of power when using Synergy tags, only a buff in the target subsystem as should be expected. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing, please?

Rihannsu
# 129
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
New Version now available!

Release Notes:

STOPowerCalc.xls v8.3.10 (LoR):
- Added stats for new Romulan Tactical Warbirds:
* Ar'Kala Tactical Warbird, Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird, Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit, and Tactical Warbird (Annhilation Mode)
- Corrected some minor misspellings and text formatting issues.

Enjoy!

Lieutenant
# 130
09-12-2013, 07:27 AM
You will have to excuse me, as I am somewhat computer illiterate, I am still learning.
I tried copy paste to no avail, and I realise that something else is required to add the images, perhaps you could explain to me how to do it.

thank you in advance.