Captain
# 11
01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
You mean idiocy ... counseling REALLY? Its a now a department REALLY?
What idiocy would that be? You seem to find that hard to believe, but why? Counselors are not doctors, nor are they scientists, so given the Badlands departmental distinctions, while it's not a department I would have highlighted myself, I can't fault the logic...
Captain
# 12
01-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Palmer's tolerance comes from the remembrance that she would have been expelled from the Academy in her Senior year due to disciplinary issues arising after her Midshipman cruise, and it was only the then Captain Kane mentoring her and making her an acting Ensign, which saved her Starfleet career. Equally, it comes from the fact that Mitchell was speaking the truth with regards cultural tolerance in uniform variations. Had he simply been lying and feeding her a line of BS, she would have put him out the airlock herself Of course, how the application is received, will determine how long the Ensign remains at the helm
I guess to me, "cultural tolerance" is in a different category from the reasons Mitchell outlined, which to me sounded more like personal preference and a high opinion of himself in his job.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 13
02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I guess to me, "cultural tolerance" is in a different category from the reasons Mitchell outlined, which to me sounded more like personal preference and a high opinion of himself in his job.
Highest amount of hours logged in a fighter by a cadet in 30 years is something of a testament to his passion for flying, and four hundred years of family tales of combat aviation is likely to create a very focused individual Of course, as above, chances are Mitchell will not be remaining on board the Valkyrie, but reassigned to destinations unknown The permanent 'new face' in the piece was Commander Chanos
Commander
# 14
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Thanks It would be great to read your application
Mine was nothing special, just the new Jinx host leaving the transport shuttle that took him to one of the DFA stations, his first impressions, then deciding to get a drink before reporting for duty.

So, what faction did you decide to join?

And on the subject of uniforms, Jinx has little choice but to be relaxed about the dress code. Her bridge officers consist of a Breen, a Reman, 2 Borg, a Jem'hadar, a Gorn, an Orion, an EMH, and a lone, solitary human.
Captain
# 15
02-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Mine was nothing special, just the new Jinx host leaving the transport shuttle that took him to one of the DFA stations, his first impressions, then deciding to get a drink before reporting for duty.

So, what faction did you decide to join?

And on the subject of uniforms, Jinx has little choice but to be relaxed about the dress code. Her bridge officers consist of a Breen, a Reman, 2 Borg, a Jem'hadar, a Gorn, an Orion, an EMH, and a lone, solitary human.
I applied for the Federation

That's a pretty diverse crew, I like the idea of a Gorn in a Starfleet uniform
Captain
# 16
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Sierra 2 is the uniform type in STO. From what I can tell it is the uniform worn by "Phaser Guy" on the website which suggests to me it's the "official" canon uniform of Star Trek in 2409.

Again, in my opinion.

Borderlands looks fun ... I don't have the time for it
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol - Endless Excelsior - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Solaris build
Captain
# 17
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Sierra 2 is the uniform type in STO. From what I can tell it is the uniform worn by "Phaser Guy" on the website which suggests to me it's the "official" canon uniform of Star Trek in 2409.

Again, in my opinion.

Borderlands looks fun ... I don't have the time for it
Ahh, yes, not having been able to play the game yet, I missed the designation reference I have to admit, personally, I prefer Sierra 1, although Antares 1 has a kind of TNG feel to it as well

I'm hoping I'll be lucky, as I think it'll be a good way for me to stretch my writing skills
Captain
# 18
02-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Truth be told, I sometimes wish that uniforms in this game were actually uniform (and that starships were all painted Starfleet white, etc etc). But I also know that players wouldn't stand for it - they'd get bored and/or quit. In real militaries, conformity and consistency are important; in a game, players want to be individuals and stand out.
Captain
# 19
02-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
Truth be told, I sometimes wish that uniforms in this game were actually uniform (and that starships were all painted Starfleet white, etc etc). But I also know that players wouldn't stand for it - they'd get bored and/or quit. In real militaries, conformity and consistency are important; in a game, players want to be individuals and stand out.
I quite agree I do like the idea that players can customize the uniforms as they want, but equally, some of the uniform options available simply don't even look like Starfleet uniforms, but biker leathers. That was probably the thing I liked the most when I looked at the Badlands site: The uniforms looked like Starfleet uniforms... I could totally accept that they were fleet issue, and the comm badges equally maintained the accepted aesthetic, and expanded upon that with logical conjecture Looking at the STO uniforms, I think it might be possible to customize the color scheme of Sierra 1 into something similar to the Badlands uniforms...
Shift the color of the body of the jacket and pants to black, make the dark grey yoke detail the division colors, and have the colored shoulder panels black, and I think it might work...