Lt. Commander
# 71
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystwraith View Post
can someone please explain to me why it says, STO Updater can not connect to internet? I have tried a half a dozen times to connect to see if the server is up yet, but it is not even allowing my game to connect to the internet.

And for those that would say well maybe you have no connection, Obviously i do, or i could not post here.
Since I can't connect to it either, I assume they have the actual patch server down, so you will not be able to see if its up yet or not through the launcher.

Though since we're only a little over an hour through a two hour patch, I wouldn't expect it to finish early.
Career Officer
# 72
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystwraith View Post
can someone please explain to me why it says, STO Updater can not connect to internet? I have tried a half a dozen times to connect to see if the server is up yet, but it is not even allowing my game to connect to the internet.

And for those that would say well maybe you have no connection, Obviously i do, or i could not post here.
Mine does same thing. Maybe this is what Brandon said earlier about the launcher being tested. It probably has some STD, when you factor in how often the devs whip it out to...now how can I word this...actually I think everyone knows what's implied and how an STD is transmitted...Yeah, that's good enough.
Lieutenant
# 73
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero328 View Post
Enough. I used tokens to buy them I am told. Okay, I guess then I just wasted them. I still made the mistake. A shame it is still possible to do so. I guess I should be happy that I can get them from the store...For only 4000 zen.

But...If they are worth that amount, then that's the value of what I deleted...So I DID lose that implied amount, because to replace them due to my mistake, I would have to lay out that total. And since it is POSSIBLE to make the mistake, by my error in believing that all stores in cstore are reclaimable, and since I HAD said ship I figured I had bought it (with having most every ship I DO tend to forget which was acquired how,) and I deleted it. Them, there were two.

So just because you see a ship in store and you have it already, doesn't mean you can delete it. Good to know. It would be nice if there was an icon that stated such, that it isn't reclaimable.
(raise eyebrow) It follows, if you can't reclaim the ships, that a VA ship token does -not-, in fact, carry the same value as a zen store unlock. The fact that you percieved it as such is your own assumption. Every other ship token in the course of the game progression is good for exactly -one- free ship. If I spend my lt.com. ship token on a connie refit, and then delete it, It costs -dilithium- to replace. This is true for all ship tokens.

If you had paid 2000 zen for each ship token, then yeah, I'd agree that you've been shortchanged. But you didn't. You got it, along with other benefits, as part of your subscription, if I recall where such things come from.

I wouldn't disagree that an icon indicating that you can't reclaim the ship would be good, but just because that isn't there doesn't mean they owe you an unlock you didn't pay for.

Edit: (Note: This doesn't mean I don't feel bad for you losing a ship you meant to keep. That sucks. I just think it's an unfortunate mistake rather than the game makers treating you unfairly)

Last edited by heavensrun; 01-31-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Captain
# 74
01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Our ETA for completion is at the same time Holodeck maintenance is complete
so hopefully no delay will happen and we can start the party
Ensign
# 75
01-31-2013, 09:14 AM
ummmm thanks lol i did not see that there as i was not looking. Blind as a bat and just cant see.
Career Officer
# 76
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
For the fourth or so time...I made a mistake. Twice. Okay, granted.

Why? Because I assumed (you are right) that any ship on the store is reclaimable if you already have it. And to be QUITE honest, that is what most people take from it at first glance.

It isn't TOO hard to imagine that if you have a ship, and it is on the store, then you might delete it thinking you can get it back. it isn't too hard a stretch.

Do they OWE it to me? Nah. I won't see it even if they DID. But I don't see an issue with an object lesson that saves someone from making same mistake.

Point is, it'd be nice if they could...protect me from myself I guess is the way to put it.

Yup, I didn't pay attention and cannot remember from over a year ago how I got those ships. My bad. I just deleted them to make room for (gasp) the new ships I DID pay money for. And I HAD to delete some, because there is LIMITED space for the ship slots, even when you pay MONEY to expand...It isn't sufficient to accomodate all that they have available.

It must be my fault because I spent cash on the other ships and filled up my slots. I mean, who actually has all the ships? I must be the ONLY one, this has never happened to anyone else.
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Perhaps this isn't the most topical thread for your grievances anymore?
Ensign
# 78
01-31-2013, 09:25 AM
It's not their job to protect customers from their own stupidity. Sad that people seem to be so entitled now that they think they deserve something that costs money because they messed up something they got for free. But I guess that's what's become of most "customers" these days.
Career Officer
# 79
01-31-2013, 09:25 AM
It didn't start out that way...
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
For the new ships:

Teir 3 is the ships you get at Capitan, right?

Teir 5 is the level 50 stuff?
Closed Thread