Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Anniversary Infographic
01-31-2013, 06:00 AM
Check out our brand-new infographic to see some incredible statistics about what has been accomplished thus far in Star Trek Online.

Link to the infographic.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-31-2013, 06:51 AM
Only four billion tribbles?
---------------------
DeltaFox
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxalpha5 View Post
Only four billion tribbles?
that might only be 4 Billion "not deleted" tribbles. so the real number of tribbles ever found could be higher.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 4
01-31-2013, 07:04 AM
16500 fleets, wow!
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Lieutenant
# 5
01-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Captains stands for accounts or characters?
P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
...and 21 other characters!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, those stats aren't as surprising when you take everything into account, like multiple captains per account etc...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 7
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Captain obviously stands for characters unless the entire mechanics of the game has been changed in today's patch.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 8
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Given each toon is a captain of his/her own ship (except FEDs before playing the tutorial, or before skipping it), that 2 million number would logically designate characters.

Why would they show the smaller number of accounts when they can show the much more pleasing amount of toons?

Also an average of 4 ships per toon seems more likely than 4 per account (only getting the free ships at leveling, each one Vice Admiral toon will get to 5).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Given each toon is a captain of his/her own ship (except FEDs before playing the tutorial, or before skipping it), that 2 million number would logically designate characters.

Why would they show the smaller number of accounts when they can show the much more pleasing amount of toons?

Also an average of 4 ships per toon seems more likely than 4 per account (only getting the free ships at leveling, each one Vice Admiral toon will get to 5).
I have so many ships on my main, that it takes me 20 mins when I log in, just to decide what ship i'll fly......sad I know

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
You have to take charts like this with a grain of salt, if they aren't releasing these numbers or actual empirical data that produces them then it's all conjecture and quite 'cryptic', just like everything DStahl says. If it was really 2 million active accounts it would say 'active accounts' since that's really the only criteria that matters there....inactive accounts are not generating any income potential. Some players have 6-10 toons, number of 'Captain's' is like number of ships, it's all relative.
____

The o3 - Killed you good