Career Officer
# 11
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Tet glider really shines in Hive Onslaught. Anything that helps drag those shields down is a godsend. I actually have a build I use only for HO that involves multiple energy and shield drains. If I luck out and get a decent tac or 2 to make up for the damage I lose going flowcap instead of partgen that borg queen goes down *FAST*.

My record HO so far is 13:22. That was in a pug, with me in flowcap mode making the mobs weak as hell. Tet glider rocked there.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
(I'd love for Tet Glider to be one of those that replacements for example, but in both controlled testing and live 5v5 matches Tet Glider w/ DHCs + CRF seemed to make no significant or even remotely visible impact on damage performance).
If you're using a Combat Log parser, Tetryon Glider isn't likely to even show up. Shield Drain damage isn't very well reported (if at all) in our Combat Logs.

And yes, fixing that is on our short list.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 13
01-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Correct. I have never seen tet glider show up in my parses. I can only go with what I see with my eyes, and that is shields dropping faster.

Yes, I know, less then scientific, but when the run goes faster something happened.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
# 14
01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Tet glider really shines in Hive Onslaught. Anything that helps drag those shields down is a godsend.
I think, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that Tet Glider is resisted by points in PI - I have my doubts that the borg actually have PI with which to resist Tet Glider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If you're using a Combat Log parser, Tetryon Glider isn't likely to even show up. Shield Drain damage isn't very well reported (if at all) in our Combat Logs.

And yes, fixing that is on our short list.
Hi Bort,

Well, I look forward to that fix and re-testing glider.

I'm still not sold on using it, especially if PI resists it the way it resists everything else - but I'd at least like to test it to give it a thorough once over.

Captain
# 15
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I think, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that Tet Glider is resisted by points in PI - I have my doubts that the borg actually have PI with which to resist Tet Glider.

Hi Bort,

Well, I look forward to that fix and re-testing glider.

I'm still not sold on using it, especially if PI resists it the way it resists everything else - but I'd at least like to test it to give it a thorough once over.
Iirc the % Tet glider was resisted if at all was less than Sci shield stripping Boff powers. But, this was months ago.

Also, keep in mind Tet glider effectiveness is dependent on Flow Cap and Weapon's Power and # of hits (not volley).
Captain
# 16
01-31-2013, 10:00 AM
Regaring the OP, I have a hard time giving up Energy Wake procs form Omega shields. Also, anything that isn't Hyper-Impulse Engines is a non-starter for me. Though I may try them out at somepoint. Iirc the old boost to polaron damage was ~ the same as a Tac console.
Career Officer
# 17
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I'd usually be enthusiastic about them buffing weaker sets, except for the obvious ulterior motive of selling more Jem'hadar crap and the risk of making the bug even more OP.
Captain
# 18
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
At the end of the day, this game is about making money.
However couldn't agree with you more about making the bug more OP potentially
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 19
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
We need a Lobi store Tron bike before Aegis'll get the same treatment

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 20
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
At the end of the day, this game is about making money.
And that's the sad part. Why can't we have a game developer that is content with breaking even and providing the best possible game?
http://hilbertguide.com