Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
I wonder how D. Stahl picks the batch of sto fan questions that are answered now and then on the website. Does he simply choose random questions from all over the discussion forum or is there a special "ask your question to cryptic" thread on this forum, I am not aware of?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 2
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
There's usually a 'Post your questions for Ask Cryptic!' sticky. They pick from those.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,927
# 3
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
There's a monthly thread for Ask Cryptic. It usually floods with 85% stupid questions, 10% people who mistakenly believe their list of twenty questions will all get answered, and 5% intelligent questions.

As for Stahl's choosing method, I think Brandon reads through them, picks the ones he likes, and gives them to Stahl to narrow down a little further. Normally they weed out the really dumb questions, but commonly manage to miss the most critical ones.

Regarding him or any dev answering questions in threads on the forums, it's uncommon at best and there's no definite way to attract a dev into your thread for an answer. Best you can do is pray to your applicable deity, if any, that you get an answer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 196
# 4
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
He picks the ones that don't usually require intelligent answers.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 5
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
There's a monthly thread for Ask Cryptic. It usually floods with 85% stupid questions, 10% people who mistakenly believe their list of twenty questions will all get answered, and 5% intelligent questions.

As for Stahl's choosing method, I think Brandon reads through them, picks the ones he likes, and gives them to Stahl to narrow down a little further. Normally they weed out the really dumb questions, but commonly manage to miss the most critical ones.

Regarding him or any dev answering questions in threads on the forums, it's uncommon at best and there's no definite way to attract a dev into your thread for an answer. Best you can do is pray to your applicable deity, if any, that you get an answer.
Any one of the Eight Divines will do. Unless you follow the Daedric Princes, of course.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 74
# 6
01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
The answer to this is easier then youthink...Mister FSTALH picks the answers that:

1. He wants to answer...
2. Fanboi question
3. Related to make more money for Craptic and/or PWE
4. Any of the above...


Basicly he only answers the ones that HE, Craptic or PWE want to reply. Not the ones that we want...and most likely are more interessting to the player base.

For example, if you ask something like "When will the next lock box launch so I can trow money at it..." your chances to get a reply are way bigger then asking "when will we have more STF...I'm tired of the same 3!!"

Easy, right?
Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,927
# 7
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Any one of the Eight Divines will do. Unless you follow the Daedric Princes, of course.
I divide my time between Sanguine and Sheogorath. I guarantee you have never been to a wilder party than the one these guys throw.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,025
# 8
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
he usually just picks repeats from past ones.. (or so it seems).. and he also picks anything that doesnt give away any info about the game away.. he is more likely to answer how he likes his peanut butter and jelly sandwhch over whats actually happening in game..

but if you look at past ones, they are all very similier, the same questions, the same answers..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 74
# 9
01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin8r View Post
He picks the ones that don't usually require intelligent answers.
^^ THIS...so much THIS!!!!

ROFL
Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
# 10
01-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
There's a monthly thread for Ask Cryptic. It usually floods with 85% stupid questions, 10% people who mistakenly believe their list of twenty questions will all get answered, and 5% intelligent questions.

As for Stahl's choosing method, I think Brandon reads through them, picks the ones he likes, and gives them to Stahl to narrow down a little further. Normally they weed out the really dumb questions, but commonly manage to miss the most critical ones.

Regarding him or any dev answering questions in threads on the forums, it's uncommon at best and there's no definite way to attract a dev into your thread for an answer. Best you can do is pray to your applicable deity, if any, that you get an answer.
So I presume that specific thread pops up in "Star Trek Online Discussion"? I usually post in the "second half" of topics, must have missed it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 AM.