Lieutenant
Little bit of a joke there but - I realized that I have difficulty believing that Starfleet would ever allow its captains to use a weapon like "Theta Radiation Vent". We're talking about dumping a "dangerous byproduct of contaminated antimatter waste" into space specifically to kill the crew of another ship (at 2.5% every second). Sure, you can tell me that dying by theta radiation isn't that much different than dying by photon torpedo - but Starfleet has it's rules for war, and I just can't imagine them ever employing such a weapon.
Commander
# 2
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds9fan2 View Post
Little bit of a joke there but - I realized that I have difficulty believing that Starfleet would ever allow its captains to use a weapon like "Theta Radiation Vent". We're talking about dumping a "dangerous byproduct of contaminated antimatter waste" into space specifically to kill the crew of another ship (at 2.5% every second). Sure, you can tell me that dying by theta radiation isn't that much different than dying by photon torpedo - but Starfleet has it's rules for war, and I just can't imagine them ever employing such a weapon.
They certainly took a liking to the living and sentient weapons of mass destruction called Bio-Neural Warheads.

He's dead, Jim.
Captain
# 3
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Also enter the entire Voyager episode devoted to rescuing a Bio-Neural Warhead.
All cloaks should be canon.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Also enter the entire Voyager episode devoted to rescuing a Bio-Neural Warhead.
Might have to go watch that again.
Career Officer
# 5
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
The Klinks withdrew from the Khitomer Accords in 2372, why should the Feds abide by the same rules that the Klinks walked away from?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 6
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
The Federation yes.

A Ferengi flying a D'kora?

No.