Career Officer
# 151
01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
As others have mentioned in this thread, with the servers just coming up not too long ago, and everyone jumping in to do the same thing, it might seem a little "laggy", or you might get "Server Not Responding" for a few -- give it some times, things will smooth out Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
and now i got disconnected mid mission and sitting in the queue for 10 minutes 659 of 8528

yepp really smoothing out over here
Lt. Commander
I wouldn't worry about queuing to login right now. I've just exited the game. It is totally unplayable. The lag is so bad that when you queue for a STF, it highlights after 30 secs -1min, then a window opens telling you fail to respond in time, and after that the engage window opens informing you that you have 0secs to respond. In that order, so you can't enter. I did this about 10 times.

Basically you can't enter STFs. I tried to do an episode instead and got stuck in warp, i.e blurry stars and planets etc. I just left because you can't do anything but give Doffs missions.

If you are queuing to login you'll be disappointed when you do actually get in.
Career Officer
# 153
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
188 out of 9291.....188 for 10 minutes now.
Career Officer
# 154
01-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
and now i got disconnected mid mission and sitting in the queue for 10 minutes 659 of 8528

yepp really smoothing out over here
Bet we can hit the 2million captain waiting in the queue! :p
Lieutenant
# 155
01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowqfah View Post
As a lifitime member who has been sinking cash into this game since, beta....yeah I kinda am entitled to be online.
So, lets be completely frank here. The amount of money you put into this game, do you figure it out to be... what, maybe the salary of a call center person?

Come on.

I pay for a magazine subscription, I don't expect the magazine to be compelling and absolutely as awesome every month out of the year. I pay for a cell phone service, I don't expect it to work 100% of the time.

Your sense of entitlement is flawed, as though you deserve something more than you've already gotten. You paid for a service, at the time you paid for it. You paid for keys, and you used those keys to obtain something. Whether you like it or not, you've received what you paid for. You are happy when its up, never to jump up and say how great it is that you can get online - but on the second that its down, or that YOUR service is impeded, you are quick to detract and show your fair weather face.

Oh how swift the wrath is when perfection is lost!

Come on. Its a video game, its not an emergency vehicle. Hell, they don't even advertise 100% uptime, and in all reality if you look at ANY document about any videogame, ESPECIALLY online ones, they very clearly state that the experience and content can change at any time, and that service is not guaranteed - all you buy is access until such access is lost.

What exactly are you demanding, that they continue keeping the service up absolutely without falter, and if it falters they owe you some arbitrary return for your frustrations? Please.
Career Officer
# 156
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgreasy View Post

Your sense of entitlement is flawed, as though you deserve something more than you've already gotten. You paid for a .

I pay to play the game. I have payed, right now, people who do not pay are playing and i am not. It's actually pretty simple.

And after waiting for 20 minutes in the Q i just got kicked from the Q, so...

Last edited by lowqfah; 01-31-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Addition
Career Officer
# 157
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
305 out of 11,625. I have never seen it this bad before and never have waited to long to play.
Ensign
# 158
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
yep crashed just before mission completion, tried to log back in, said server could not log out my character, crashes again for the next 20 min. Then try to log back in get stuck on loading character selection screen, server times out, for half hour, Now i get back on server and have over 6800 people in que before me?
Its no wonder people get upset
Sure it is a free to play game, but even some of us free to player people spend good money, to get things in game so we have just as much right to complain as anyone else.
Career Officer
# 159
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgreasy View Post
I don't see that as a viable solution, and actually I consider that a rather selfish one.

You can't play, so those that can get on shouldn't be able to play either? Gameplay isn't broken right now... map movement may be, but I was able to complete the event quest just fine on two characters now... and there are plenty others who are online doing the same.

And, what happens in three days when all the overwhelming shiny traffic has gone down... what does cryptic do then with all the money they put towards 72 hours of peak, and another 6 months of 30% of that?

Turning them off during the whole event would cause more suffering and far more outrage than queues. Doing that, especially after the full downtime that was experienced earlier in the week, would only serve to cause more outrage and even more desertion... and it serves even more to generate a nice rift between those who were playing and those who were waiting to, and then we have a warring player base on top of everything else.

I don't see any of that as a reasonable solution, or an acceptable outcome.
If I came across all "If I can't play, no one can!" then sorry, that wasn't what I was insinuating. However, this is an extremely popular, free-to-play game. So to find that this is their backup plan for heavy demand is extremely dissapointing. The queue is now fast surpassing ten thousand people and there's been no word from Devs or Brandon on the issue. Okay, so they buy new servers and then after the event ends, traffic goes back to normal. It's still prudent to invest in extra servers now because there's something coming in May that will no doubt have people clamouring at the gates to get online for. The fact of the matter is that this has happened in the past and they hadn't the foresight nor the hindsight to take steps to prevent it happening again.

And as far as I can tell, the fact that the lifers are already jumping to the front of this 10k queue is going to be more than enough to divide the player base. Neither what I said nor what Cryptic will do is a reasonable solution and neither will likely have an acceptabe outcome, because the truth is this should never have been a potential issue in the first place.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lieutenant
# 160
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowqfah View Post
I pay to play the game. I have payed, right now, people who do not pay are playing and i am not. It's actually pretty simple.
So... you play 24/7/365? You paid for a lifetime subscription, did you not? Do you expect to play it until you die?

The people that paid, that are playing, are they being GIVEN more than you are?

Hell, lets apply this to real life.

You pay for a ticket to a general admission only concert. Everyone paid the same amount. Some got there earlier and are in the front.

Are they getting more, or less, than what they paid for? And are you being screwed? Is it the venue's fault? Should they maid front row seating the only seating, so that everyone is perpetually equal?

You showed up later. Get over it.