Empire Veteran
# 31
01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
so much lag that the game is unplayable at all.

I can't load a map, I have to wait 1-2 minutes to open the bank... If I queue for an stf, I am removed because I do not respond to a window that has never opened...
Lieutenant
# 32
Same for us KDF. Server took 90+ seconds to respond before I could play WHILE I was logging in. That was just the first thing I encountered as I logged in... obviously a bad harbinger. Changing maps/zones also had the same massive amount of lag/server not responding. Entering the Q'onos System took about 70 seconds for server to respond. On top of that, a fleet member of mine is unable to open the bank. I don't think this is isolated: other members in my fleet are reporting lots of lag doing virtually anything, and in the sector zone, other people were asking publicly if it was "just me, or is this lag happening to you guys..."

The lag/server not responding is TERRIBLE all of a sudden. If I were playing STO for the first time right now, this is so frustrating I wouldn't want to give this game a chance. I would just log off and not come back.
Career Officer
# 33 Sever not responding
EVERY TIME I change a screen.

I'm thinking we have more than a launcher problem connected with this anniversary event.
STO was my secret fun little addiction. I'd spend A LOT of free time and disposable income on it. Have you noticed the change recently? You've got my data, see for yourself. I'll even take a few minutes of my time to explain. All you have to do is ask Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyard View Post
Just disable the On-Demand Patching in the Launcher options, next time you're gonna log in you have to download a big patch, but after that you don't have to wait for the annoying repeatable in-game patches anymore.

I think the server is overloaded with folks, every map change takes over 65 seconds to load, getting the 'server not respond' message.
It's not trying to patch anything though. There's no "?? files patched" in the top corner.

Also.
| Sarah Walker - U.S.S. Solstice | Eden Taryd - I.K.S. Varchas | Ariennye Kyla - R.R.W. T'virixia |
| Jan Idaris - U.S.S. Atlas | Sorval - I.K.S. Reclaw | T'Mara Praex - R.R.W. Ventarix |
| Keval th'Zareth - U.S.S. Avenger | Do'Zahn - I.K.S. K't'rika | Ayel D'amarok - R.R.W. N'ventar |
Career Officer
# 35
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
same here, getting server not responding for at least 60s each time i try to switch areas

ps and its always at 40,72%

Last edited by styxslethe; 01-31-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Got kicked out and can't even get to character select........ says my character is still in use! My patience is now gone.
Lieutenant
# 37
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm getting the same thing, it's starting to really anger me
Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Like pretty much everyone else, I'm getting massive lag. Not sure if this is due to the amount of people who just hopped on, or if the patch broke something. Either way, it's making the game pretty much unplayable.
Career Officer
# 39
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
happy anniversary everyone! I present to you an unplayable game.
Ensign
# 40
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
It's not trying to patch anything though. There's no "?? files patched" in the top corner.

Also.
I don't think i was getting ingame patching when i was having server issues but i disabled ingame patching and bang suddenly launchers downloading 5gig