Career Officer
Waited for launcher and patch to be done, yay. Patched, logged into a toon, did my fleet management for it, switched to next toon. Same one more time. Onto my third...Lagged out and unable to get into game. Thought you JUST fixed this?

And of course, I am not on my main yet to get the ship yet.

RETREIVING character screen the issue
Career Officer
# 42
01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
Like pretty much everyone else, I'm getting massive lag. Not sure if this is due to the amount of people who just hopped on, or if the patch broke something. Either way, it's making the game pretty much unplayable.
The forums seem to be getting hit badly too, so it's probably demand. Still, in defence of the game, it's not unplayable. So far movement in sector space has been pretty smooth.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 43
01-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah ..... one more try and I'm gone as well .
A little disappointed after the extra waiting for maintenance , but ... well , you know , nothing left to say .

Will have my fun at another date .

Yeah I know Cryptic ... , you "have learned from your past mistakes" . Blah blah blah ... .
Bye .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 01-31-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Commander
# 44
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Even tuffi warping to a random expanse which should in theory req fewer rescources to load and less char models around still hitting well over 60sec loads
Lieutenant
# 45
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
I get the feeling that we are facing a bit of a compounded issue from earlier in the week.

I seem to remember a patch being loaded on sunday or monday, and since the next few days the majority of the game was offline due to the network failure I'd be willing to suspect that we are seeing traffic from both sides of the fence overwhelming the patch server for the 3rd anniversary.
Ensign
# 46
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
So much lag the replicator won't respond.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47 Patching
At lest you guys can get on I'm stuck at patching and game clents closes after just 3% of patching. Lets hope its because of all the ppl logging back on, hope. And I a lifer
Lieutenant
# 48 server connection lost
Basically the same here, started the launcher this morning, launcher ran a patch then loaded the starting screen, I select my character then it switches to loading map and that is it, at esactly 40.17 % the loading stops and I get " connection to server lost, going on for an hour. I so hate it when the do patches that screw the game up insted of improving existing bugs. Shame on you!!!
Career Officer
# 49
Guess it's because noone cares about FE's and or Story Content ....
Starfleet Veteran
While i see that the servers are 'up' and most if not all the threads pertaining to 'launcher/patching' issue have been closed, I am most defiantly still experiencing the same issue i was before, I can't possibly be alone.

As far as i can tell nothing has changed.

The launcher opens and I login, the 'status' bar says "patching" and if i am willing to give it 4-5 minutes it does eventually load the game and go to the "Cryptic" splash-screen. Eventually this closes and i'm given a message saying, "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long.

The same error i have received through this entire situation.