Captain
# 11
02-01-2013, 07:09 AM
It is my favorite mission I just wish after finishing you don't have to put your bridge officers back in their station on your ship. Flying a Enterprise into battle was so cool.
Career Officer
# 12
02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
If this is a taste of what is to come in the future, color this Beta Vet excited for the coming days.

I know it is not said very often on these forums (for both valid and invalid reasons), but Kudos Cryptic. Well Done.
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I only wish there had been more space battle at the end. Just didn't get enough time with a fully loaded ship.
Career Officer
# 14
02-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
I guess years of STO have lowered your standards?
How long has it been since the last bit of good non grind content? The very last moment that made me go "WOW!! AMAZING!!" was the Orb experience in The 2800. At this point its such a breath of fresh air that I feel its OK for it to be over appreciated by longtime players.
Lieutenant
# 15
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
I really enjoyed the mission, Good job folks, Let's see more of this kind of quality in future content!
[UF]UKKorby
United Federation
Click To Enlist
Celebrating 11 Years of Multi-Game Mayhem!
Career Officer
# 16
02-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I think you did a great job with the mission. Seeing the 1701-C in the holding bay was cool, and how the ship came to life after you got the power back was a good touch. Well done, and I look forward to what is coming up.
Ensign
# 17
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Meh, ultimately unimpressive. Denise Crosby's voice gets annoying towards the end, and she sounded flat and unanimated - like she was reading lines for money and not reprising what is probably her best known role. The entirety of her monologue in the boarding gangway is unnecessary and banal. The other voice overs were better.

The challenge was minimal, I was expecting to battle Tholians hand to hand, and maybe die at least once or twice. The first time I played the mission, it was only 15 minutes start to finish, including talking to every alternate universe NPC and finding all the easter eggs in the Jeffries tubes. Subsequent playthroughs are possible in about 5 minutes and there are only minor dialog differences between the Fed and KDF versions of the mission. It didn't feel like an accomplishment to complete the mission. I would have been just as happy to receive the ship as a prize for Q's stupid shell game.

In the mission, the 1701-C is uberpowered with Mk XII equipment, which is [Fused] meaning non-removable. NONE of the gear comes with the ship however, and the sad reality is the Ambassador Class Ship needs millions of EC worth of equipment to begin approaching the same Combat Value it has in the mission, and millions more to match it. Yes it's a free ship, but A) It is by far the fugliest Enterprise of the line, and B) There are many more useful and versatile ships. I don't expect to see many flying around after this week.

Q's shell game is even less interesting. At least it doesn't try to be anything more then a cutesy 5 minute diversion. If you watch the last few moves of each round closely, Mini Q is easy to spot. The party poppers are annoying, and having so many 3D objects floating around will be disastrous for people playing on lower end computers.

The easter eggs are worth a chuckle. That's about the only truly positive thing I can say.