Ensign
# 161
02-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Was the expectation that some thing that shoots balloons was going to be fun for a long, long time?
Captain
# 162
02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Yes but the rest of the game doesn't cause me to have a slideshow.
Thats because you dont see 1000000 objects which use physics all the time.
This is not a console game to use cpu like theres no graphics card with lots of vram and alot more processing power.Even the damn UI is CPU heavy ...open your doff roster and check your frame rate ,or your friends list ,or your mail when has many mails,or simply alt+f12 to remove the UI to see the difference in frame rate with and without UI.
Captain
# 163
02-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Can't we just SHOOT the balloons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 164 Balloons...WTF?!?!?!?!
02-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Seriously...that was a huge mistake...especially on New Rom where things are already bogged down due to server load. I can't think of any dumber things to do in a game but honestly, this one is simply got to be the worst idea. Why? Can't you even answer that? What part of this seemed like a good idea? "Lets give them an opportunity to bog down the server with more junk on an already loaded up server."

You guys need to split the server up and put half of us on a second server...and you need to maybe stop buying the hand me down stuff that blizzard tossed out 10 years ago...go buy a couple of servers that can handle gaming, and then MAYBE add stupid stuff like balloons. I mean honestly...I have 2GB dedicated video, 8GB RAM, am paying extra for 80Gbps on a gateway that can handle 100 Gbps...so don't tell me its my connection or my hardware...its your junk server...
Captain
# 165
02-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Frankly the balloons don't bother me, my video card and cpu are good enough to handle it, but I read a lot of complaining in chat which is just as annoying if not more so than all of the balloons and it doesn't help matters that there are people spamming balloons, knowing that it tanks weaker computers, doing it anyway for that very reason.
With that in mind a shorter life span for the balloons, longer cooldown on the gun, or a limit on the number of active balloons that can be generated would be a big help for those whose rigs can't handle the load, or add a fun factor element and make the balloons destroyable, there will be plenty of people who will be more than happy to go around shooting as many balloons as are being spammed.
It goes without saying that even having the balloon guns useable in places like the Earth Space Dock or the Klingon capital is extremely unrealistic, with the Federation, perpetrators would be finding themselves spending long stretches in the brig while kissing their future careers a sad farewell for causing the kind of disruption these toys allow, with the Klingons the outcome would likely be considerably more extreme.
Nobody wants to kill the spirit of celebration for STO's 3rd anniversary, but there is nothing wrong with curbing it down to a dignified level.

Last edited by maxvitor; 02-02-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Captain
# 166
02-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Was on K-7 multiple people started with the balloons the game started lagging badly I had to beam out.

Get rid of the balloons it is causing so many problems.
Ensign
# 167
02-02-2013, 02:39 AM
And yet they still haven't fixed the bugs caused by the late January update. I'm of course referring to the fact that THE BORG CAN ADAPT TO THE FIRE DAMAGE FROM A PLASMA GRENADE! For at least through December and January, the Borg would adapt to the plasma type but not to the individual weapon, ie a plasma grenade. It also was the same for the Nanopulse melee weapons which, even though use plasma energy, would continue to do normal damage after the Borg adapted to the plasma damage type.
Ensign
# 168
02-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
One has to deal with all sorts of inconvenient things when playing an MMO.
This has been true since their inception.

I do not defend (and never have) anybody who creates an environment in which another player feels uncomfortable and/or annoyed while playing the game.

I understood completely what you were saying and agree that you do have that right.

But, there is a means with which one can deal with these type of situations, though I'll grant you that if your game is lagging, it could at times, be next to impossible to attempt to file a grievance.

None the less, you have been given in this very thread, a temporary means with which you can avoid being caught in a repeat of this type of situation.
One in which you will also be able to identify and report the offending player.

As for your Exchange transaction, unless you are attempting to purchase an item of which there are very few and cost Millions of EC's (in which case, I personally would not attempt While being grief'd), the likelihood of said transaction still being available after a moment or two of instance hopping, is quite high.

Your anger is quite palatable in your posts and I do not deny that based on your recent experience, you have every reason to be upset...

But you apparently fail to conceive that what you are demanding be done, also impinges on the rights of other 'non-griefing' players in the game, who have been given a new item to use by the games creators and who do so in a non-griefing way.

This is the reason (not accusation) I brought up your seemingly fixation toward having a personal environment in which you alone are the only one being grief'd and have no means to avoid it.
As I appear to be dealing with a very self-opinionated person here I will make this my final post in this particular thread and all I am going to say is that I made no demands and that I stand by my statement that I should not have to instance hop, or to alter my personal settings even temporarily, to escape from griefers.

As a point of clarification, however, if by demand you are referring to my use of 'I', well, that is because I can't speak for the other people who are annoyed at being griefed even though I know there are many of them out there. Therefore, I would not be so rude as to say 'we' because I truly do not know whether others agree with me, or not. I also stand by my belief that you are accusatory.
Captain
# 169
02-02-2013, 04:57 AM
NO.

If you want immersion go for a swim.
Lieutenant
# 170
02-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
That would only hold true if it hadn't been the Dev's of Cryptic, that designed and gave us the Poppers to begin with.

As such, They are allowed to 'bend the rules', They created.
Might agree with that, but mentioned section is not from Cryptic, but from PWE. Slight difference.