Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
# 281
02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't know why my thread has been combined with this one, its not feedback, its a bug report, the thing no longer works...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 199
# 282
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Aww, threads got merged and now I look like a double-posting jerk. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
The minority are the ones who spam the balloons like crazy. Their are only a few I have seen who do it that is how I know it is the minority because most don't spam rooms full of balloons. Go anywhere and you will see most people do not do it. Making a balloon here and their is ok but when a room is full of them then their is a problem.
I understand that it can get a little excessive sometimes, but that's nothing new to STO or any other MMO. I mean, hang around outside DS9, ESD, or Q'onos for five minutes and you'll see people spamming fireworks, triggering AOE abilities, launching hangar pets, etc. There's also the people who get excited by the fact that they have spacebars and jump everywhere. All those things annoy me to a certain extent, but I'm not going to beg the devs to take them out of the game. I'm just going to sigh, shrug, and look in a different direction.

Balloons are no different. Some people might say, "But the LAG! The LAG!" Well, turning down your max physical debris objects setting doesn't affect a whole lot of the game. People are making a big deal out of having to turn down their settings to not see the balloons, but I've yet to hear of a single practical detriment to gameplay because of it.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 283
02-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
Aww, threads got merged and now I look like a double-posting jerk. Oh well.



I understand that it can get a little excessive sometimes, but that's nothing new to STO or any other MMO. I mean, hang around outside DS9, ESD, or Q'onos for five minutes and you'll see people spamming fireworks, triggering AOE abilities, launching hangar pets, etc. There's also the people who get excited by the fact that they have spacebars and jump everywhere. All those things annoy me to a certain extent, but I'm not going to beg the devs to take them out of the game. I'm just going to sigh, shrug, and look in a different direction.

Balloons are no different. Some people might say, "But the LAG! The LAG!" Well, turning down your max physical debris objects setting doesn't affect a whole lot of the game. People are making a big deal out of having to turn down their settings to not see the balloons, but I've yet to hear of a single practical detriment to gameplay because of it.
I should not have to change settings to be able to see where I am going in a room. Setting off fireworks and other stuff may be a little annoying but not even close to a room full of balloons. The fact a room full of balloons causing massive lagging issues just makes it worse and that is in need of fixing.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
# 284
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I should not have to change settings to be able to see where I am going in a room. Setting off fireworks and other stuff may be a little annoying but not even close to a room full of balloons. The fact a room full of balloons causing massive lagging issues just makes it worse and that is in need of fixing.
In truth, anyone not able to run the game on maximum setting, already has to reduce their settings in order to play, so using this as a reason to have altered the party popper isn't really valid, unless you object to any game content that requires people to not run the game on maximum settings.

Also, you say it needed fixing, they didn't fix it, they made it entirely none functional. And there are a lot of other things that need fixing, and in some cases, have needed fixing for 6 months or more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 199
# 285
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwatnam View Post
Also, you say it needed fixing, they didn't fix it, they made it entirely none functional. And there are a lot of other things that need fixing, and in some cases, have needed fixing for 6 months or more.
And, as shown in the pic I posted above, the fix didn't achieve its goals. I never created a balloon as big as the one in the pic until after the patch (it's about 30% bigger than the previous "large" balloons). All the patch did was prevent us from creating balloons while moving, and slightly reduce the average size.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 286
02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwatnam View Post
In truth, anyone not able to run the game on maximum setting, already has to reduce their settings in order to play, so using this as a reason to have altered the party popper isn't really valid, unless you object to any game content that requires people to not run the game on maximum settings.

Also, you say it needed fixing, they didn't fix it, they made it entirely none functional. And there are a lot of other things that need fixing, and in some cases, have needed fixing for 6 months or more.
I have been able to run the game on max settings with a little lag here and their but something about the balloons causes lots of problems. I don't want to lower settings because of a few jerks spamming a room full of balloons. A few jerks spamming rooms full of balloons should not be allowed to win by either driving players away from the game or forcing them to change something that only needs changing when their are room full of balloons.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
# 287
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I have been able to run the game on max settings with a little lag here and their but something about the balloons causes lots of problems. I don't want to lower settings because of a few jerks spamming a room full of balloons. A few jerks spamming rooms full of balloons should not be allowed to win by either driving players away from the game or forcing them to change something that only needs changing when their are room full of balloons.
the fix doesn't affect the number of balloons in any way, its made mine not work at all, but others say it hasn't even fixed big balloons either. so, you can still get rooms full of balloons, even big ones.

I think they should just leave it alone, and fix other more important things.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 288
02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwatnam View Post
the fix doesn't affect the number of balloons in any way, its made mine not work at all, but others say it hasn't even fixed big balloons either. so, you can still get rooms full of balloons, even big ones.

I think they should just leave it alone, and fix other more important things.
If rooms full of balloons causing lagging issues continues as bad as it was before then it should not be ignored. So far today I have not seen balloons like I had before hoping it stays that way.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 739
# 289
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Its not the general balloons that bug me. Its the ones that jump on the console in the exchange, right in front of a crowd, and continually spam the balloons. Or follow people around on station and spam them, or stop right on top of someone and spam them right in their face.

I can't imagine a train of thought that leads one to think, you know what...I always wanted to stand in this exact spot and throw balloons. No, this is intentionally trying to bug the crap out of others. There are no other explanations as to why someone would do that.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
# 290
02-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Its not the general balloons that bug me. Its the ones that jump on the console in the exchange, right in front of a crowd, and continually spam the balloons. Or follow people around on station and spam them, or stop right on top of someone and spam them right in their face.

I can't imagine a train of thought that leads one to think, you know what...I always wanted to stand in this exact spot and throw balloons. No, this is intentionally trying to bug the crap out of others. There are no other explanations as to why someone would do that.
The same people intentionally derail stfs, spam character abilities, ect. You can't "bug fix" these issues. Being responsive to complaints regarding specific players is the only answer.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.