Captain
# 51
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Without resorting to language that will get me banned from this playpen, the problem is not my system or my connection. An entire environment packed floor to ceiling with giant effing balloons will peg anyone's gear.
Captain
# 52
02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post

It's a social zone, you accept the possibility of being annoyed.

It's not a theater, lol. In a theater there is at least some expectation of quiet given that the reason for being there is to enjoy the movie.

LOL at these antisocial types playing in an MMO. I loathe zone chat, and I choose to ignore it because it's banal nonsense most of the time. That doesn't mean I should force them to stop it. I use the tools available to me to not have to deal with it.
This has absolutely nothing to do with petty annoyance. This is a programming flaw that allows players to actively interfere with each others' ability to play the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post

It's a social zone, you accept the possibility of being annoyed.

It's not a theater, lol. In a theater there is at least some expectation of quiet given that the reason for being there is to enjoy the movie.

LOL at these antisocial types playing in an MMO. I loathe zone chat, and I choose to ignore it because it's banal nonsense most of the time. That doesn't mean I should force them to stop it. I use the tools available to me to not have to deal with it.
You have the option of turning zone chat off. I don't have the option of stopping the lag. As for upgrading my system, I was under the assumption that a twin quad-core 2.8GHz with 16GB RAM and at GTX 570 on a 50MB connection could quite easily handle STO. I'm going to assume that it's the servers that are struggling with all of those balloons.
Career Officer
# 54
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
It's a celebration. Don't like it, stay away from the public places most likely to be celebrating.

Just like any real holiday....
Captain
# 55
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Well physics objects are cpu heavy in this game.If this game would use nvidia physX amd users would see no balloons but nvidia users would have no problem with them

the game needs serious work on performance .
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitvendor12 View Post
It's a celebration. Don't like it, stay away from the public places most likely to be celebrating.

Just like any real holiday....
So you want us to access the bank and exchange on no public areas? There are none. What you're saying is you want to partake in an activity that interrupts the enjoyment of others and you don't care.

When I was brought up that was called selfish behaviour.
Career Officer
# 57
02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I said avoid public places where people are most likely to be celebrating. In other words avoid ESD and DS9.

Whiny and lacking reading comprehension....

I nominate this troll thread dead and buried.
Captain
# 58
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitvendor12 View Post
You mean like the bank and the exchange?

Yeah, that's really helpful.
Survivor of Remus
# 59
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
This isn't a, why do they have to ruin it for the majority thing. Why does the Minority whos complaining about the balloons have to ruin the majoritys fun. I hate how zone chat sounds, so I will go on the fourms to campaign getting EVERYONE chatbanned. I don't like STFs so I want them all removed, I don't like Crystaline entity, so it should be deleted. I don't like Energy Credits, so delete the currency, I don't have any EC, so it wont affect me so I don't care if u delete it all! I don't like the dkora, so remove it from the game. I don't like balloons so they should all be removed.

You see how STUPID this sounds?

This isn't a case where something is impeding your ability to play. This is like you acedentaly turned up the blue on ur Nivdia Graphics card, and now ur buying a new computr because its blue. No that doesn't make sense, just turn down the blue! Theres an option in the options that gets rid of the debris so you don't have to see it at all, see people spamming balloons, turn down that option! Your the vocal Minority contrary to what you think, the majority is the nonvocal people enjoying the balloons.

Edit list of places that are unpopulated with these options: New Romulus, Captain's Table, Fleet Starbases, Drazona, there are about 30 ESD instances, im sure 1 of them doesn't have spam, the academy, D'kora bridge, Freighter bridge, Sierra Starbase, Memory Alpha, Bajor, you have no excuses. I just listed 9 diferent places u can go to acess all the Features easily with no interfearance,

Bajor is the number 1, has everything, no one is ever there.

Last edited by brokenmirror2012; 02-01-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Captain
# 60
02-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
So you want us to access the bank and exchange on no public areas? There are none.
Tuffli and D'kora bridges, anywhere in space via the Azura comm code, starbases and embassies (OK, not quite other-people-free, but if you own the fleet you could implement a no-spam policy on the fleet holdings and kick anyone that breaks it).