Captain
# 81
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
You're lying, XFX isn't making nforce cards as they kicked Nvidia out about 2 years ago. The only GPU's they make are AMD/ATI based.
I'll just leave this here. http://www.nvidia.com/object/designe...i_support.html
Career Officer
# 82
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
You're lying, XFX isn't making nforce cards as they kicked Nvidia out about 2 years ago. The only GPU's they make are AMD/ATI based.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=2959594

thanks for being as dumb as a rock. i thought my cpu would give you a clue. here is a link to the motherboard. maybe that should give you a clue how old my system is yet i play in max settings.............

so again for people with issues upgrade. if its just the ballons itself giving you a problem its a game as well as a social zone.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
I stand corrected then, but it doesn't change the fact that it is creating lag. Myself is running the game on a crossfire HD 7870 OC, powered by an AMD FX8320 and 16 Gig of Ram, and still I do have the lag that it is creating.
Lieutenant
# 84
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
So, the balloons themselves are definitely an added lag if you have low memory - gfx or otherwise. They are physics particles, so in some ways they are actively rendered - each additional balloon is another pipe eaten up to process it, and when you hit the max for your card it quickly goes to the next source... which is what causes the slow down.

Fun or not, there really is no reason to make those of us with lesser cards suffer just because your system can handle it. I don't really see anyone truly saying they're bad and get rid of them - most are saying add some control to it, since self control is a trait seldom used.

Fun or not, its not necessary to flood a room with balloons thanks to the zero cooldown and the rapid deployment while running.

I shouldn't have to disable features that I enjoy graphics wise, in order to run through ESD, reducing the enjoyment of the rest of the game - which if I remove debris entirely, is definitely a change to the environment i see entirely.
Career Officer
# 85
02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
I stand corrected then, but it doesn't change the fact that it is creating lag. Myself is running the game on a crossfire HD 7870 OC, powered by an AMD FX8320 and 16 Gig of Ram, and still I do have the lag that it is creating.
and yet my system is out performing yours.......

try cleaning out your system. clear the clutter, get system mechanic pro. there is a free trail. i use it. i even have a profile so when i want to game it turns off res i dont need to boost gaming. do you clean out the dust? maybe its a server issue. i get spamed with ballons and have yet to see this "lag" people talk about.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
One player was using the new party popper balloon inflation animation to deliberately block my view of Q while trying to play the Starfleet Academy present / shell game. While his efforts failed, I still found his malicious behavior quite a nuisance.
Lieutenant
# 87
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post

try cleaning out your system. clear the clutter, get system mechanic pro. there is a free trail. i use it. i even have a profile so when i want to game it turns off res i dont need to boost gaming. do you clean out the dust? maybe its a server issue. i get spamed with ballons and have yet to see this "lag" people talk about.

I would agree that he should not be encountering it. I'm on a laptop with integrated graphics. Mind you, its not crappy integrated graphics... but I am limited in resources by a significant amount. I've been able to handle balloons to a certain extent, but it is not hard to reach a point where its obvious my system is paging memory trying to handle it.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:

Lols, seems you know my system so well ??? It's a fresh install from yesterday. There is no much clutter on it.
Career Officer
# 89
02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
if you cant handle the ballons then i think u need an upgrade. im using max setting with a xfx nforce 680i lt sli motherboard . got a dual core cpu and a gtx 460 with 4 gigs of ram. wtf........
look again. when i have like 10 people shooting me with balloons i get no lag. i even shoot back. ill do it in esd, in the bank or in the club or even at the exchange. i dont notice anything. maybe a lag spike here or there but thats normal. has always happened.

yet people who have better system then i have are getting tones of lag? i dont think people are taking good care of thier systems.

oh and my vid card also has 1 gig of ram in it. ram on mother board is 4 gigs. so please tell me how so many people spamming with me included is not causing problems on my system?

Last edited by broken1981; 02-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Ensign
# 90 Party gun?!
02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Ok the gun was probably a really neat idea on paper and as they where sitting around talking about what to have in the packs. Someone in that room had to have realized the amount of stress it would place on server and client side. I mean really! Nice idea devs but a very bad choice to roll out imo. The old fashion ones where just fine and came with no lag or interference with the game play. I have talked with many players stating they would transport into ESD or First city and be slammed with a room of balloon filled lag . Guess we will just have to put up with it for now.