Survivor of Remus
# 1 Rechargable Batterys
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
The rechargeable batterys exist. And proof that they can EASILY be made to be tradable and such.

So what I am thinking is, selling Bound on Equipt verisons of EVERY Rechargable battery.
Say 500 Per battery, with a 1250 Zen combo that comes with all 4. And as a fix, make the batterys slightly weaker then normal batteries to balance it. And make it so you can Stack them up to 5. If you have a stack of 2, the skill becomes, Dual Charge, and it will have +70 Power, (opposed to 65, 75 is normal bat)
Stack 3, get Speed Charge, +70 power, and -20% Cooldown. Stack 4 get a Hypercharge, +75 power -30% Cooldown, Stack 5 get Power Overload, Which is +100 power for Double the normal battey duration, but with +50% Cooldown, AND after the battery is done, for 10 seconds u get -20 (nonresistable) drain to that subsystem.

This idea would be great, the battery stacking would make it more desirable to have many on 1 character.
Career Officer
# 2
01-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Rechargeable batteries were never intended to be used outside of the KDF mission with a shuttle. The fact that they can be taken out of said mission is a bug. Ergo, rechargeable batteries will probably never be released as a legitimate ship device for common use.
Career Officer
# 3
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Rechargeable batteries were never intended to be used outside of the KDF mission with a shuttle. The fact that they can be taken out of said mission is a bug. Ergo, rechargeable batteries will probably never be released as a legitimate ship device for common use.
You mean, was a bug. I am fairly certain they fixed that a long time ago. You can still find them on the exchange.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Who in their right mind would pay real money for a rechargeable battery that's worse than the regular batteries that are dirt cheap and drop plentifully? Who the hell would pay 2 times that for an inferior battery? Who would pay 3, 4 or 5 times that for marginal benefits? And why would I pay 6k zen for 5 if I have to put up with a power drain after the battery wears off? That makes it pretty pointless if I use a battery just to have it drain power at the end. That 6k zen will buy a lot better stuff than a junk battery.
Commander
# 5
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
There's no reason not to sell them at a vendor for like 5 million EC or whatever. Would make a nice EC sink that this game is in dire need of. There is absolutely zero reason not to. It would be nice for richie rich folk to out right purchase these batteries for convenience. Pretty sure even at the oh so low price of 5 mil, it's pretty damn fair. I would need to buy how many batteries? Like 25,000 batteries per type. Yeah. I'm sure I'll buy that many before it's all said with and done /sarc

I'm struggling to find any balance reason not to offer these batteries in game. I do know that paying zen or dil can suck a big one. I'll sooner just keep buying the regular ****.