Empire Veteran
# 91
02-01-2013, 04:37 PM
A proactive thanks from me. I have yet to play the mission but hope it has all the fire and emotional drive as your red shoe adventure, with romulan sneakiness to boot.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 92
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
You seem bitter. Did Crosby leaving TNG somehow affect you personally?
haha no. This whole things kind of gotten a bit out of hand.
Captain
# 93
02-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
When you enjoy the work of an artist, it's generally accepted that you tell them if you get the chance. That's what this thread is. If you seek forum glory, try one of those "The combadge is the wrong shade of yellow." threads.

Anyway, I thought it was nice to have an original cast member show up and give us a trip down memory lane in a short, yet enjoyable mission.
# 94
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Nowhere in my postings here did I say it wasn't nice to of had her as a hired voice actor. The original comment made was that it's silly to give thanks for a service she was paid for. Like I said, I'll give thanks to Cryptic and PWE for seeking out and enlisting her voice, over blindly thanking her for allowing them to pay her for a service rendered.

Some of you guys talk like she is some big star or something. She's not. She is a 55 yr old two bit actress that thought she was better than those with better foresight to have seen that they were actors in something that was bigger than all of them.

I'm glad Cryptic added a little TNG flavor. I'm just not such a fan boy that I would have created an entire thread to thank a paid actor for doing their job. Especially when I know that paid actor will never even see it.
No one said you had to agree, but if you don't like it, then don't participate in the damn thread. This is the real problem with society, people lile you meet someone with a differing opinion on something, and instead of accepting that they don't agree with you and moving on, you try to ram your freaking ideals down their throats. I get paid to deploy to combat, but I don't insult people when they thank me for my service. It goes back to what most people's mothers used to say. If you can't say anything nice, then STFU. I think the real problem here is that someone is getting a little praise, and it's not you.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
So you were just brought up to be rude and mean?
Starfleet Veteran
# 96
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Definitely a big "thank you" to Ms. Crosby for bringing us one more adventure with Tasha Yar.
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
It was fantastic hearing her play the part again. So a big 'Thank You' from me
Commander
# 98
02-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Include my thanks to her as well. It's great to see more voice acting in the game and great that she got to do Tasha again. The fact that she also did some acting for Sela as well is amazing and I can not wait for Season 8 to get that!
Captain
# 99
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Agreed, she did a damn fine job and it was nice having Tasha be part of my crew temporarily, in an alternate universe, in a video game.

I think I just broke part of my brain.
Career Officer
# 100
02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a few folks around here are jealous they didn't think to invite Her to their prom...

......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...