Commander
# 111
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
blah blah blah
Sensitive much?

My "freedom of speech" post was directed to the right individual and to remind him what his oath of enlistment, in part, was about.

Like him, I was in the same branch of service and even spent time where he is now. 4 years in the First Team.

We both pledged to support and defend the Constitution of which said freedoms emanate.

Yeah, I believe in the freedom of speech... so say what you want because I will exercise my right to do the same.

So I thought that Denise's VO sucked, oh well. Am sure she will do better next time. Life goes on.
Ensign
# 112
02-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Very pleased to have an actor help with an Appearance, almost the same effect as showing up at a fan convention
Career Officer
# 113 A thank you
02-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Play or not, it was awesome that you decided to lend your voice talents to the character likeness of your character. It must have been difficult seeing the crew go on for several more years after they killed off Tasha Yar. Though it did make room for the Warf characters development, it's a shame Tasha didn't move to astrometric or something. I don't see Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes stepping up to voice-act any characters. So a very heartfelt and humbled player is grateful for your efforts.
Commander
# 114
02-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Not to detract from the topic, but you know what's really funny about people making Freedom of Speech references.

You don't have a right to freedom of speech on a private forum.
Starfleet Veteran
# 115
02-02-2013, 06:44 AM
If your post is along the lines of:

"I have a sandwhich, how can you be hungry!?" Then you might want to rethink it.

Thank You for doing the VO and reprising your Tasha Yar Character for STO Denise.

I hope to see more of your work here soon.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Sensitive much?

My "freedom of speech" post was directed to the right individual and to remind him what his oath of enlistment, in part, was about.

Like him, I was in the same branch of service and even spent time where he is now. 4 years in the First Team.

We both pledged to support and defend the Constitution of which said freedoms emanate.

Yeah, I believe in the freedom of speech... so say what you want because I will exercise my right to do the same.

So I thought that Denise's VO sucked, oh well. Am sure she will do better next time. Life goes on.
There is a fine line between exercising freedom of speech and being a jerk, and that guy was dancing on the other side of that line shouting, "Ima jerk, Ima jerk!" You for example simply stated that you didn't like the voice over work, which is perfectly fine. That guy came on a thread that was set up to thank Denise Crosby for her work, thread jacked it, and started being a jerk. No one said the guy couldn't set up his own "I hate you Denise Crosby thread", that is perfectly within his rights, although I doubt it is in line with the forum rules. It comes down to a matter of simple respect for others. It's one thing to dissent and disagree, it's a completely different issue to be insulting. Yea, he's well within his right to freedom of speech, but what he's doing is not much different from what the Westboro Baptist Church does, who is also within their 1st Amendment rights. I'm done, I'm going back to my hole now.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers

Last edited by dm19delta; 02-02-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 117
02-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Freedom of speech ended when you jump on a privately owned forum, in which you agreed that PWE can edit or remove any content they deemed inappropriate for their forums, so please spare me the whole I have rights speech because you don't have any in here.

Anywho Great job on STO Denise Crosby, can't wait for you to come back.
Lieutenant
# 118
02-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Freedom of speech ended when you jump on a privately owned forum, in which you agreed that PWE can edit or remove any content they deemed inappropriate for their forums, so please spare me the whole I have rights speech because you don't have any in here.

Anywho Great job on STO Denise Crosby, can't wait for you to come back.
I was waiting for someone to say that. Well put.
Commander
# 119
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingmutt View Post
I was waiting for someone to say that. Well put.
But I already did
Commander
# 120
02-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
There is a fine line between exercising freedom of speech and being a jerk, and that guy was dancing on the other side of that line shouting, "Ima jerk, Ima jerk!" You for example simply stated that you didn't like the voice over work, which is perfectly fine. That guy came on a thread that was set up to thank Denise Crosby for her work, thread jacked it, and started being a jerk. No one said the guy couldn't set up his own "I hate you Denise Crosby thread", that is perfectly within his rights, although I doubt it is in line with the forum rules. It comes down to a matter of simple respect for others. It's one thing to dissent and disagree, it's a completely different issue to be insulting. Yea, he's well within his right to freedom of speech, but what he's doing is not much different from what the Westboro Baptist Church does, who is also within their 1st Amendment rights. I'm done, I'm going back to my hole now.
I concur with said poster being an asshat.

His last comments were hateful and not something I would stand by nor care to see in any discussion.

Yeah, sadly, those Westboro ****ers can exercise their freedoms to say what they will but we also earned the right to punch them in the ****ing mouth if we disagree with what they are saying. That last bit said in "Generation Kill" is classic... even though they were Marines.

Thanks for responding.

Charlie Mike.

As for the rest of the posters with regards to what I said, this is definitely not my first rodeo. Am a gamer who's been at it since Pong and am more than well aware what Terms of Service are.

If y'all noticed my earlier post was addressed very specifically so if the shoe don't fit... just keep walking on. Nothing to rubber-neck here.

Good day.

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.