Career Officer
Completed the Temporal Ambassador Mission on my KDF toon earlier; I'd imagine it's the same mission for the Federation. Either way, I think you've done an outstanding job, and anyone who worked on the mission should get a well-deserved pat on the back.

The assignment itself (and the alternate universe story) was original and I felt it was something new to play. The multiple-choice options were a welcome addition, as were the few little bonus features. Wasn't aware that Temporal Ships could jump to other Universes though; however I suppose there is a difference between a Mirror Universe (the one that the Tholians have a lot to do with) and an Alternate Universe.

I was also pleased to see various characters return; ones that have been apart of the campaign since launch. That was a nice little welcome that could have easily done without.

My only further hope is that the Ambassador has a little customization; I've obviously not got her yet as (due to lag) I've decided to wait until tomorrow to acquire the ship for my FED character. But yeah, good job on the mission, the ships, and the characters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
The mission itself is pretty terrific. It's neat how the various NPCs we've run across throughout the game are included alongside the plot-central characters. Thanks, Cryptic, for this effort!
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Rihannsu
# 3
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
do more of the same for the rest of the year and I'll be one happy player
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2013, 06:11 AM
I also Completed the Temporal Ambassador Mission with Fed Toon I have to say that Mission was well done. and how you did the cut in sscenes and NPC talking was fantastic. It made you feel like you were actually there doing it. I hope to see more missions like that in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Yup, it was pretty boss. And you got a new ship at the end of it, so there's nothing not to like.
Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Bravo on this mission. Had some great animations, dialogue, and was something totally different than the usual point and shoot missions. I hope Cryptic can take what it did here and apply it to future featured episodes.
Commander
# 7
02-01-2013, 06:20 AM
I guess years of STO have lowered your standards?

The story was okay, if a bit weird, altho befitting an anniversary mission. The more-than-usual voice acting helped. And there isn't anything right out negative to say: So while this wasn't exactly groundbreaking in general (and I suspect there will be more voice acting in general in the future) it certainly is a step into the right direction.

He's dead, Jim.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post

The story was okay. The more-than-usual voice acting helped. And there isn't anything right out negative to say: So while this wasn't exactly groundbreaking in general (and I suspect there will be more voice acting in general in the future) it certainly is a step into the right direction.
I've not even been playing for a year. My low-standards go back to WAY before STO.
Captain
# 9
02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post

The story was okay, if a bit weird, altho befitting an anniversary mission. The more-than-usual voice acting helped. And there isn't anything right out negative to say: So while this wasn't exactly groundbreaking in general (and I suspect there will be more voice acting in general in the future) it certainly is a step into the right direction.
I personally hate it when I get a cookie but there's only nine chips in it instead of twenty.
# 10
02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
I liked the "set design" of it, especially of the Enterprise in the launch bay. As the various tasks were completed, you could see the tractor beams turn off, the docking clamps retract, and the Enterprise herself power up. That was all really cool, in addition to the environment itself just looking really great.

Little bit of new game mechanic in the Zelda-style map that generates room by room. Also will have to replay a few times just to see what the other "distractions" are. I did Shon, who proceeded to scream fully voice acted insults at the Tholians. Pretty funny.