Starfleet Veteran
So I'm using a full set of phased polaron beam arrays on my new jem dread and I thought it might be cool to try the plasma infused consoles for the plasma dmg proc so I could have the procs from 3 different beam types. However while hovering my mouse over the beams while in combat I noticed a rather lackluster plasma proc.

2.5% Chance: 0.03 plasma dmg per sec for 15 seconds.

Is this because I'm using the phased polaron arrays? Is this a bug? Should it be more or is this it? The console itself says 28.3 plasma dmg for 15 seconds. Am I getting a reduced return for too many procs?
Rihannsu
# 2
02-02-2013, 02:30 AM
EDIT: Should learn to read more carefully. Don't know whats going on there.
Captain
# 3
02-02-2013, 03:06 AM
I have seen something similar when trying to stack more than 2 of the embassy consoles. I am using regular phasers on my setup with 4 embassy consoles, when i check my weapons I see 2 procs that do the expected plasma fire and 2 more procs that do .04 dps plasma fire similar to yours.

I disregarded it as some nerfing against stacking consoles, but perhaps it is a bug given your seeing it with only one console.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2013, 09:11 AM
I believe it's a textual error, somewhat similar to my Tac Initiative space ability. The tooltip and info says it reduces boff ability cooldowns by 0.45% but in practice it reduces them by about 50%.