Captain
"Romulan Space NPCs should no longer shoot themselves in the face with Plasma Torpedoes."

I dedicate this post to Devoras. Where have you been my green-blooded friend?

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 03:13 AM
I foresee that PVE players (esp. at lower levels) are going to have a much, much harder time getting through the "Romulan Mystery" PvE missions, the subsequent QQ might be funny for a while, but like Hive Onslaught, I expect this one'll be reversed on appeal, as the main 'tactic' for dealing with Rommy NPC's at lower levels, is to snuggle up close and let him bake in his own plasma.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 3
04-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Nah, face-shooting is a different phenomenon than point-blank plasma-ramming. Rommies would also previously launch plasmas, that would then decide to turn around for no particularly obvious reasons and smack them in the face instead.
Captain
# 4
04-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Nah, face-shooting is a different phenomenon than point-blank plasma-ramming. Rommies would also previously launch plasmas, that would then decide to turn around for no particularly obvious reasons and smack them in the face instead.
While an obvious bug, this was obviously hilarious in effect.
Captain
# 5
04-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Yes, I remember seeing this and laughing.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 6
04-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
It's possible this might have had to do with the somewhat "homing" effect of the Romulan Hyper-Plasma torpedos, if similar AI was applied to the NPC torps.

The Rom HP torp will seek out a new target if the original one is destroyed before it can reach the target.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Its like the plasma is thinking. return to sender.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The Rom HP torp will seek out a new target if the original one is destroyed before it can reach the target.
All targetable torpedoes have this behavior, not just the Hyper-Plasma.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lieutenant
# 9
04-04-2013, 09:57 AM
i have to admit to finding it funny seeing the plasma torps return to sender, the poor rommie's thinking hang on wtf.

+1 to no nerffing it back.
Career Officer
# 10
04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All targetable torpedoes have this behavior, not just the Hyper-Plasma.

Thanks for the clarification Bort.