Career Officer
# 221
03-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Well, you could reduce the cooldown of Nadeon to around 21 seconds with 2 VR photonic doffs + PSW.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 222
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd be a happy panda... but then I'd get sued for copyright infringement.

Quote:
The cutting beam FX will now show up for all players, regardless of graphics quality.
Yay! I can actually play STO while seeing these!

Quote:
Powers such as Mine Dispersal Patterns and Eject Warp Plasma will now properly reroll their chance to Critical Hit for each pulse of damage they inflict.
Squee!!!!

Quote:
Emergency Power to Weapons will now grant the appropriate amount of bonus damage.
This change will increase the damage bonus provided by this ability.
[Censored to avoid permaban]
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.

Last edited by thegrimcorsair; 03-29-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Captain
# 223
03-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Well, you could reduce the cooldown of Nadeon to around 21 seconds with 2 VR photonic doffs + PSW.
They could have done a minimum CD on it like pretty much anything that has CD reduction - you can only reduce them so far.

They could have had each additional DOFF reduce the amount based on the current remaining amount.

Still, if they did the latter - then even with 3 VR and the PSW, you'd still be able to drop it to 31.5s. So if they were to do a combination of the two?

It's just one of those Yo-Yo things...instead of finding some middle-ground.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 224
03-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
They could have done a minimum CD on it like pretty much anything that has CD reduction - you can only reduce them so far.

They could have had each additional DOFF reduce the amount based on the current remaining amount.

Still, if they did the latter - then even with 3 VR and the PSW, you'd still be able to drop it to 31.5s. So if they were to do a combination of the two?

It's just one of those Yo-Yo things...instead of finding some middle-ground.

Agreed.

With this adjustment, I'd like to see a cooldown reduction to Nadeon. I'm already losing one console slot for a very situational power.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 225
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I have one that's irked me for quite a while and I didn't see it on the list.

Plasma fire

Issue: With the Romulan torpedo spammer and perhaps some mines you can get so many stacks up of plasma fire that a ship is literally burned alive in less than 30 seconds. If you can't run two copies of HE, then you're screwed. Simply put: the plasma fire can stack too many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 226
03-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Item: Elite Fleet Shields' [Adapt] modifier

Problem: An incredibly high innate resist with no way of removing it for any significant amount of time. This leads to matches with >60% average resist on everyone. This problem is made worse by the fact that three of the most popular energy types are combined into an additional resist modifier that is available for these shields.
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 227
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Item: Elite Fleet Shields' [Adapt] modifier

Problem: An incredibly high innate resist with no way of removing it for any significant amount of time. This leads to matches with >60% average resist on everyone. This problem is made worse by the fact that three of the most popular energy types are combined into an additional resist modifier that is available for these shields.
i love it. it punishes people who cant complee kills. it punishes random noobs for binding everythign to spacebar and just spamming all wepaons on autofire.....

pack punch.. they wont get 1 tic of the shieldres mod when i pound them to dust.

oh and helps to not use phaser or common types.. no one has 10 tics of ap res........
Career Officer
# 228
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
is it intentional that torp spread has 100% accuracy? and since torp spread 1 fires 4 torps, and high yield 1 fires 2 torps, isnt spread 1 is dealing more damage then HY1?
TS is even more bugged than that actually. It will never proc a Projectile Weapons Officer, and it puts Rapid Reload Transphasics back to a 10s cooldown (usually 8s). My guess is that it's a similar problem to what was breaking FAW.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Empire Veteran
# 229
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
TS is even more bugged than that actually. It will never proc a Projectile Weapons Officer, and it puts Rapid Reload Transphasics back to a 10s cooldown (usually 8s). My guess is that it's a similar problem to what was breaking FAW.
that reminds me, ive noticed the proximity blasts don't even reliably hit the down shield facing between you and the torps, so its actually pretty terrible at dealing direct hull damage. HY really is the only way to use quants and photons. spread laying plasma and tranny bleed has a use though.
Career Officer
# 230
03-31-2013, 02:53 AM
Item: Directed Energy Distribution Manifold; Prefire Chamber

Problem: These items give significantly less additional damage than the energytype versions of the tactical consoles, which makes them ultimately useless. Restore them to the full damage bonus. (Yes, they used to have the full bonus once upon a time.)
http://hilbertguide.com