Captain
# 241
03-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Updated the front page with all the latest issues I could pick up.

Please can I request that discussions are kept out of this thread as it is becoming difficult to pick up the issues.
Also, please can you keep the items to issues and not "wouldn't it be great if....." type of requests.

Thanks in advance.

Naz

Last edited by naz4; 03-31-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 242
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Worth mentioning that soon it might be good to look at Tachyon Mines again since they're getting an adjustment on Tribble, and soon that will probably hit Holodeck.

Captain
# 243
03-31-2013, 03:41 PM
******nit google ate my reply.

Okay, so:

Issue: Attack Pattern Alpha stacking/running concurrently with Attack Pattern Omega 3

Results in a massive synergetic damage boost for tacs compred to other classes, especially as the same skills/items buff both powers.

(I expect massive incoming flames for pointing this out since everyone 'knows' tacs need this specific interaction to be effective, and everyone flies a tac and blah blah blah grow up)
Captain
# 244
03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
[quote=illcadia;8948441]******nit google ate my reply.

Okay, so:

Issue: Attack Pattern Alpha stacking/running concurrently with Attack Pattern Omega 3

Results in a massive synergetic damage boost for tacs compred to other classes, especially as the same skills/items buff both powers.

"And in other news...water is wet and mines hit you when you're cloaked."

at the risk of being redundant, it works that way because that's the way it works-you can get stacking bonuses on APB too when you have APA available, the ability is SUPPOSED to work that way, and it's one of the few things that IS actually working the way it's supposed to work. Hell, APA boosts APD too, so having the captain ability that boosts the TOP TIER attack pattern, the one you can't buy at the skills-trainer but have to either train a BOFF yourself (if a Tac) or have trained by a friend with a Tac, makes perfect sense.

It's like being upset because Subnuke+Viral Matrix is hard to clear, or that Sci/Sci with the right stack can spot a cloaked BoP at 5Km+ (this recently happened to me in a C&H, the toon in question on my side was full-specced into Stealth, minus the Romulan stuff.)

The problem's not in the mechanics, it's in your build.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Rihannsu
# 245
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Updated the front page with all the latest issues I could pick up.

Please can I request that discussions are kept out of this thread as it is becoming difficult to pick up the issues.
Also, please can you keep the items to issues and not "wouldn't it be great if....." type of requests.

Thanks in advance.

Naz
the difference in cleanse between MW and ET is not a wouldn t it be great wish. They uses to be identical, their tool tips don t really describe the difference. WAD? Or oversight?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 246
03-31-2013, 04:49 PM
[quote=patrickngo;8948671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post

Okay, so:

"And in other news...water is wet and mines hit you when you're cloaked."

at the risk of being redundant, it works that way because that's the way it works-you can get stacking bonuses on APB too when you have APA available, the ability is SUPPOSED to work that way, and it's one of the few things that IS actually working the way it's supposed to work. Hell, APA boosts APD too, so having the captain ability that boosts the TOP TIER attack pattern, the one you can't buy at the skills-trainer but have to either train a BOFF yourself (if a Tac) or have trained by a friend with a Tac, makes perfect sense.

It's like being upset because Subnuke+Viral Matrix is hard to clear, or that Sci/Sci with the right stack can spot a cloaked BoP at 5Km+ (this recently happened to me in a C&H, the toon in question on my side was full-specced into Stealth, minus the Romulan stuff.)

The problem's not in the mechanics, it's in your build.
No, the problem is your attitude and your ridiculous strawmanning. This is an issue, not a bug. it's something the devs need to look at, not an exploit. Grow up.

Last edited by illcadia; 03-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 247
03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Engineering team is unreliable to fix VM?
Slot 5 Human Boffs
= +100 Starship Subsystem Repair
VM Negated indefinitely
ET no longer needed
VM is now garbage
Thank you, come again.
Career Officer
# 248
03-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
No, the problem is your attitude and your ridiculous strawmanning. This is an issue, not a bug. it's something the devs need to look at, not an exploit. Grow up.
Please don't derail one of the best threads in the PvP forums.

Please make a separate thread for discussion.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 04-01-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Captain
# 249
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

Please don't derail one of the best threads in the PvP forums.

Please make a separate thread for discussion.
I'm not the one discussing. I'm the one posting issues. Next time quote the right bloody poster.
Captain
# 250
04-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:

Okay, so:

All +% bonuses are multiplicative including but not limited to APA, APO, GDF, and EPtW instead of additive like consoles, skill boosts, etc. I'm assuming that it is WAD because it has been that way since F2P.