Rihannsu
# 51
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Item/Power: Vent Theta Radiation

Issue: Even if Hazard emitters is applied to clear the effect, your crew will still die and never recover until you are removed from combat. This renders both the skill Subsystem Repair, and the power Boarding Party useless.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 52
02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Item/Power: Anti-matter Spread

Issue: Regardless to the amount of points placed in Sensors, the Jam Effect will remain for the full duration, even if the Scramble clears much sooner.
Think about this:
Career Officer
# 53
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Power: Eject Warp Plasma / Theta Radiation

Problem: The graphics engine can't handle the effects and 90% of the time the warp plasma clouds are invisible.
http://hilbertguide.com
Rihannsu
# 54
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post

Problem: The graphics engine can't handle the effects and 90% of the time the warp plasma clouds are invisible.
This also Effects any/all Plasma Projectiles when that happens that are not High Yielded Projectiles.
Think about this:
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
u can enter pvp with an inappropriate level ship as a mechanism of griefign and trolling. clearly this sohuldnt be allowed.

me: clearly flying aorund in lowbie ships/shuttles is trolling, and shouldnt even be allowed

me: u should have to be in a appropriate tier ship to enter pvp

shuttlelover: qq

Minimax@EmoeJoe: postying that on "pvp problems list" as we speak
concerned bystander: Yeah what kind of blank trolls cnh. That **** is serious business

this post has been edited for your protection
Captain
# 56
02-05-2013, 02:02 AM
This thread needs a sticky.

Oh another balance complaint is the EWP doffs and its hold. The linger effect and duration of hold when using EWP needs to be toned down.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
# 57
02-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Elite Fleet Shields: Provide around +18.7% actual parser tested damage resist than MACO shields when phaser damage is being used agaist the shields in a controlled test with the shields resist for phaser at 15%. Adaptive shielding takes approx 3 volleys to fully activate with 4 DHC and 3 Turrets on the enemy ship firing at you.

Elite Fleet Shields with around 75% resist (the max resist possible) + extend shields (or similear) is going to be useless in increasing the resist since it can't go any higher.

However when you get subnuced though your own resist will go down and external abilites (e.g. extend shields) will compensate.

Also 2% resist (+10 shield power from MACO shield ability) takes about 1.5 volleys to fully activate but is much lower.

So basically Elite Fleet Shields need another nerf being way to OP in single engagements but potentionally not as good when a crusier is assisting.

Oh and both the shields resist were tested by using the highest non crit single damage hit for each shields after the combatlog had been cleared once the buffs were fully active.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Empire Veteran
# 58
02-05-2013, 02:59 AM
the fleet shields proboly need the resA&B options removed, with ether cap3, res3, or cap1 res2 added instead to supplement the cap2 res1

was just in a cruiser running EPtS3 with a maco, and i was getting about 61% res with about max shield energy. a little more with TSS. shield resistance is already at an absurd place, the last thing we needed was more of it. every time resistance is buffed in some way, damage over time becomes less important, and spike becomes more critical.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 59
02-05-2013, 03:35 AM
I like the sound of that, also that reminds me regenerative shields are completely useless and need vast improvement and the borg set 2 hull heal may need a look at. My MACO shields in my Fleet Patrol get to 50% resist with Emergency to Shields 1 and about 60% with TSS2 and higher shield power (Red Matter), I didn't use the shield resist tool to test Elite Fleet Shields but if its 75% thats insane.

And the human boffs definatly raise the hull repair rate, 5 of them went from about 17% hull repair to 103% (both % battle rates of repair), and a tier 2 ship was not getting my hull down at all only when the boffs were equipped otherwise it would slowly chew it to zero.

I haven't given it much thought (to how powerful they are) but one things for sure they are Federation exclusive and really really easy to get (seems anything of value takes time to aquire in this game), I happen to have had them before I knew about the bug, might be the reason I have been getting away with 3 RCS recently since I can't remember if I changed it before or after the human boff enhancement.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Captain
# 60
02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post

Is this not covered by point 01?