Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,696
# 1 Engineering boffs
02-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Has anyone else noticed the problem with engineering boffs having 5 ensign skills?

Emergency power to X x4
Engineering team

So you take your two EPtX skills because to not do so is a waste and then because Tactical team in a must have on all ships engineering team is a waste of a slot as it is constantly on cooldown meaning ships with 3 or more ensign engineering slots have doing anything much.

On top of this engineering is the only area that suffers from this, you can have 5 ensign tactical slots and not run out of useful skills, same with science so can engineering ensigns please have more skills?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 2
02-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Where's the waste? You cycle TT unless you aren't under fire, in which case you use ET to heal someone who is. You use EPtX to buffer your systems, and cycle them either through multiple copies or through DCE DOffs. I agree a few more are needed, but the situation isn't as dire as you put it out to be.

What you should instead be asking is that shared CDs on those abilities are either altered or removed.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,696
# 3
02-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Where's the waste? You cycle TT unless you aren't under fire
Since I successfully switched over to an Aux2Batt build for my Excel and my time of not being under fire is even lower and my need for TT is even higher science then anything would be more useful to me than ET and as I am not the only person running A2B builds I'm not ther only person with that problem. (I am however thinking of grabbing the Regent because the sovi boff layout has less waste than the Excel)
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 4
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
(I am however thinking of grabbing the Regent because the sovi boff layout has less waste than the Excel)
And he finally sees the light.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,696
# 5
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
And he finally sees the light.
Excel is still prettier (imo), still handles better (Fact), Regent looks horrible (imo), the only waste I get rid of is the ensign eng (Fact)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 6
02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post

So you take your two EPtX skills because to not do so is a waste and then because Tactical team in a must have on all ships engineering team is a waste of a slot as it is constantly on cooldown meaning ships with 3 or more ensign engineering slots have doing anything much.
you might be hitting tt for no reason. sound like you dont balance sheilds. on my engy crusier i can use tt and et when i need too. with out using doffs. you dont need to hit tt every time your taking fire. if your treating tt as a buff to your weps ur doing it wrong. tt should only be used when you cant get a facing back up. thats why you have epts and tss. just sounds like you dont know how to use a ship.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,696
# 7
02-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
you might be hitting tt for no reason. sound like you dont balance sheilds. on my engy crusier i can use tt and et when i need too. with out using doffs. you dont need to hit tt every time your taking fire. if your treating tt as a buff to your weps ur doing it wrong. tt should only be used when you cant get a facing back up. thats why you have epts and tss. just sounds like you dont know how to use a ship.
I do run constant distribute shields, its on the same keybind as EPtS, EPtW, Aux2SIF All weapons and currently TT, its not that I can't use a ship, the thing can tank an elite transwarp gate solo (just takes a while) its just that it's unfair that you should only have 2 viable skills for ensign engineers (EPtX and ET) compared to everyone else
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 8
02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Excel is still prettier (imo), still handles better (Fact), Regent looks horrible (imo), the only waste I get rid of is the ensign eng (Fact)
Regent is superior in damage output (fact), can tank just as well (fact), can heal just as well if not better (fact), and looks much better (imo).

FLEET version:

Can deal muuuuuch more damage (fact), cannot tank as well (fact), can heal just as well (fact), and looks disgusting (fact for both ships).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 9
02-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I do run constant distribute shields, its on the same keybind as EPtS, EPtW, Aux2SIF All weapons and currently TT, its not that I can't use a ship, the thing can tank an elite transwarp gate solo (just takes a while) its just that it's unfair that you should only have 2 viable skills for ensign engineers (EPtX and ET) compared to everyone else
try using transfer shield strength. then use et. just look at tt like a poor mans rsp type thing. just when you use heals like he and tss make sure to go full aux first.

can you please list ship and all your whole bo lay out? ill make a skill spec and link it to you. try to give you an idea of set up ect. not that i doubt you cant do it but some of the stuff on skill tree is really important while other skills dont really work.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,696
# 10
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
try using transfer shield strength. then use et. just look at tt like a poor mans rsp type thing. just when you use heals like he and tss make sure to go full aux first.

can you please list ship and all your whole bo lay out? ill make a skill spec and link it to you. try to give you an idea of set up ect. not that i doubt you cant do it but some of the stuff on skill tree is really important while other skills dont really work.
U.S.S Tribble (Excelsior Class, Fleet Retrofit)

Weapon Systems
Forward Weapons: Polarised Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI, Phased Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg], Advance Fleet tetryon beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc], Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Acc] [CtrH] [Borg]

Aft Weapons: Polarised Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI, Phased Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg], Advance Fleet tetryon beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc], Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Acc] [CtrH] [Borg]

Ship Equipment
Deflector Array: M.A.C.O Mk XII
Impulse Engines: M.A.C.O Mk XII
Shield Array: M.A.C.O Mk XII

Devices: Weapon Battery, Auxiliary Battery

Consoles
Engineering: Monotainuim Alloy Mk XI (Very Rare), Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (Rare)x2, Borg Assimilated Module
Science: Field Generator Mk XI (Rare)x2
Tactical: Tetryon Pulse generator Mk XI (Very Rare)x4

Bridge Stations
Lt. Commander Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Beam Fire At Will 2, Attack Pattern beta 2
Commander Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Auxiliary Power to Battery 1, Directed Energy Modulation 2, Eject Warp Plasma 3
Lt Engineering: Emergency Power to Weapons, Auxiliary Power to Battery 1
Ensign Engineering: Engineering Team
Lt Science: Hazard Emitters 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2

Duty Officers
Technician (Rare)x3, Warp Core Engineer (Very Rare)x1, Systems Engineer (DEM)x1

Skill plan: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=Tribble1_0
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.