Captain
My fleet mates and I decided to recon the Hive ground STF on normal to gather information. I was the only one with full MK XII HG set and anti-Borg gear and all accolades except for hive missions. We did ok until the Queen. We got her and had little real trouble dealing high damage, but this was only on normal to check the map and hazards.

The end goal is to put together a standard tactic for completing the space and ground Elite Hive STFs with the optional. So far I haven't seen any "walkthroughs" for these missions in the usual threads, but I have seen characters with tier 5 3rd costume unlocks, so I know at least some have completed both missions with the optional.

Please share your experience with these two missions here if you would. Please limit discussion to the above mentioned Elite STFs only. Lets see if we can get enough facts together to make a guide.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
My fleet mates and I decided to recon the Hive ground STF on normal to gather information. I was the only one with full MK XII HG set and anti-Borg gear and all accolades except for hive missions. We did ok until the Queen. We got her and had little real trouble dealing high damage, but this was only on normal to check the map and hazards.

The end goal is to put together a standard tactic for completing the space and ground Elite Hive STFs with the optional. So far I haven't seen any "walkthroughs" for these missions in the usual threads, but I have seen characters with tier 5 3rd costume unlocks, so I know at least some have completed both missions with the optional.

Please share your experience with these two missions here if you would. Please limit discussion to the above mentioned Elite STFs only. Lets see if we can get enough facts together to make a guide.
Hive Space: Don't run this mission without a Sci (or Two!). You need the de-buffing and healing in the "Elite" form of this mission.

Phase 1
In the first stage, group should concentrate fire one-target-at-a-time to limit aggro. The cubes WILL group-fire, and will spawn-camp if they get the opportunity, and they use sci debuffs and buffs.

Phase 2-Unimatrix ships

Uni ships use various science and engineering buffs here, and do fire in support of each other with those big Lance weapons. Expect to see RSP and Feedback Pulse, and in one instance I've even had one hit me with SNB. AOE weapons work fine here, and for engies, EWP is your friend when dealing with Probespawn.

Phase 3-the D8 of Dhoom

The Queen uses buffs and debuffs-lots of them. she also uses Torp spreads and Viral Matrix. SNB helps here, EWP helps SOME (she'll use Hazards-and they work better than yours). The queen will also pursue a wounded target. Power drains, SNB, subsystem targeting attacks, AOE attacks that work at range, and pets-carriers are your bestest pals in this level for sustaining damage against her. She's got an Assimilator's radiation pulse she uses, so getting close (or letting HER get close) is a bad idea unless you can get it into cooldown.

A GOOD team can finish Hive Space (Normal) in about 10 minutes, a good team can finish Hive Elite in about 15-20 minutes. a team with out a Sci can be there all blinking night.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 3
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Hive Space Elite seems fairly straight forward to me. Don't over aggro, kill spawns fast, kill kill kill. We got the optional first time through.

Ground is different.

As soon as anyone crosses the line from the spawn room the timer for the optional starts. The first room is basically a big square with 4 ramps leading down to an inner square walkway. There are 4 exits with forcefields over them in the center of each outer ring wall. At certain points around both tiers is a glowing green device that we have all seen before. At each of these devices is 4 Borg, 2 tacs, heavy or elite, and 2 drones. I don't remember if they are standard, medical or what.

Certain panels in the floors glow green, and after about 2 seconds, electrocute anything standing on them. If you get Borg stasis fielded while there, then find yourself in green pastures(or Sto'Vo'Khor), do not be alarmed, because you are in Elyseum, and you are already dead. You've just earned points for an accolade. Do not respawn. If you do you will be locked out in the entry room and another team member will have to unlock the device outside the corridor to let you back in. Just let them resuscitate you when the tiles cool off.

It may be fastest to make two groups, one for the outer ring, one for the inner. One person activates the device. When the Borg activate, turn and destroy them fast, being careful to move off any charging floor section. Pulse waves are seriously the weapon of choice here.

When all these are done the forcefield comes down. 1 leads to the queen. There is a mob before you get there, IIRC, but you know what to do.

The Queens lair is a whole other matter. There she is, wired to a big console looking thing. She begins to monologue. I have no strategy for this room. Laser targeting beams target each team member. Queeny activates, pew pew lots of lethal energy. When the targeting lasers get to 1 beam, a big orbital strike hits that area. Just move out. The floors also electrify. Move, move more. Keep each other alive or be locked out.

Just when you think you got her down, she shrugs it off, walks to her crucifix, and links up for a complete heal. A bunch of Borg spawn, kill them.

Like An enraged Ivan Drago she then comes out swinging. Fight, die, and you think you have her. She goes back and heals up. Next she come out without her lower half suspended by cables. When she's dead this time it's done. Do not respawn. The team must revive you or you will not get your loot drop.
Just say no to ARC