Commander
# 1 Borg STF Finale?
01-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Quoting from the State of the Game Posting:

Quote:
Finally unveiling the Borg Queen in the Borg STF finale, "Into the Hive."
I knew Hive was a big event, going up against the queen and all, but I didn't quite realize just what it meant, until I read that.

This has left me a little concerned. I had hoped Hive was the start of something good, not an end. I even allowed myself to dream that maybe we might get a new STF with each season. While I enjoy many aspects of this game, it is without a doubt STFs that keep me striving for bigger and better methods of attack and survival. Not many other instances in this game in which you need top quality gear.

Of course, they may surprise me with some other type of STF, other than Borg. However, if this is indeed all we will ever see for Elite end game content, I am saddened.
Career Officer
# 2
01-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xapocalypseponyx View Post
Quoting from the State of the Game Posting:

I knew Hive was a big event, going up against the queen and all, but I didn't quite realize just what it meant, until I read that.

This has left me a little concerned. I had hoped Hive was the start of something good, not an end. I even allowed myself to dream that maybe we might get a new STF with each season. While I enjoy many aspects of this game, it is without a doubt STFs that keep me striving for bigger and better methods of attack and survival. Not many other instances in this game in which you need top quality gear.

Of course, they may surprise me with some other type of STF, other than Borg. However, if this is indeed all we will ever see for Elite end game content, I am saddened.
Stuff the Borg - they're a tired cliche. Hopefully we'll get Iconian STF's somewhere down the line....

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 3
01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
It's the end of the Borg STFs, but we'll probably get other STFs with other factions in the future.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
They still need to sort out Terradome and there has been mention from devs of future Undine content with more of the Iconian plot being revealed. Personally I would like to see an Iconian-Undine FE with STFs releated to them.

The Hive was for me was anticlimactic, in development for so long and that was what we got. It was fun, but less than what I expected. We need better and tougher STFs as they are supposed to be the hardest and most challenging missions STO has to offer.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Ensign
# 5
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
I really hope this is not the end. I have the Adapted MAACO shield was was a few runs from getting the engine and deflector..
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
SPOILER:

Undine STFs are on the horizon.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I would like to fight against assimilated Iconians. Heck, I would like to see a battle between the Borg and the Iconians. My ECs are on the Borg.
Captain
# 9
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
The Borg are like roaches, they'll outlast us all. And when you think they're gone they'll come back into the daylight from whatever corner of the galaxy they've been hiding in with many more assimilated races we haven't discovered yet.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Undine make an obvious candidate for more STFs and the Dominion could be interesting.
Personnally, I despise the Undine because as an enemy they are hilariously overplayed and their impact on the actual game story largely goes nowhere with little explanation.

Of course... if Cryptic would actually get away from the Borg / Romulan stuff then we might see delivery of the trailing Iconian plot thread.