Career Officer
# 41
02-01-2013, 06:28 AM
brandon, you are the frackin' man for reading all this BS and not going completely postal (yes, this is mild in comparison). Frankly, I don't know how you can do your job from day in to day out. You have the patience of an angel. or a demon. they both tend to wait around a lot I guess. still, props
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Empire Veteran
# 42
02-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Its all good was wondering when I was gonna watch some tv today with doing free starships and doffing and rep system rofl... Guess its chosen for me lol
Captain
# 43
02-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Well...at least I got the Kamarag just before I was cut off...Pity I can't get my feds ship today as my time is limited, but hopefully sto will be more stable tomorrow - like certain burgers..
Career Officer
# 44
02-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Well, does "General server stability improvements." mean only that you turned off all the new party poppers?!?
Or are you testing your internet-connection again? I'll run a tracert, just to be sure...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Empire Veteran
# 45
02-01-2013, 06:32 AM
I went to log in this morning to play for about an hour before work, but there doing maintenance this morning, so I hope they fix the Balloon lag this morning.
<a href=https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/IceAxe18-STO.png target=_blank>https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/IceAxe18-STO.png</a>

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Eight-Core CPU, MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard, 8GB Memory, Geforce GTX 750 2GB, Windows 8.1 64bit
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
This is a bit of a faf on now like. This is the only mmo ive noticed so much down time and for 2 hours a pop or more.
You must have never played WoW...
Ensign
# 47
02-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Yeah, just two hours ... like yesterdays "two" hours?

Or the other days of this week? Is two hours off a day going to be common? Would be nice to know.

I like this game and spend more then enough money by now, but this maintenance downtimes every day are going to annoy me...
Republic Veteran
# 48
02-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger242 View Post
Patch notes continued;

Fixed PvP balance: KDF Level cap now set to 40
All Fleet projects (Starbase and Embassy) now require Lock Box Keys and Dilithium only to complete.
Lobi crystals are now bound to account as opposed to bound to character, but will expire in 24 hours if not used.
Fleet ships now cost 8 Fleet ship Modules and 400,000 Dilithium.
3 new Federation ships added, 6 KDF ships removed.
All KDF boots now have spikes.
Any zone, fleet, local, or private chat now de-cloaks all ships on the server.
Beaming to First City no longer sends you to the Shipyard, sends you to Drozna station instead.
Lockbox drop rate now increased by a factor of 200.
Fixed invisible Borg torpedoes: All Borg weapons now invisible.
Fixed framerate due to balloons: FPS now locked at 5 FPS.
Don't give them any ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvet View Post
brandon, you are the frackin' man for reading all this BS and not going completely postal (yes, this is mild in comparison). Frankly, I don't know how you can do your job from day in to day out. You have the patience of an angel. or a demon. they both tend to wait around a lot I guess. still, props
Being paid to lurk on forums, I'd say it's pretty much a dream job in every regard.
Career Officer
# 49
02-01-2013, 06:36 AM
stupid question: is there anything time limited going on with the event? (i think i've heard that the Ambassador is only around for 2 days or something like that? or am i way off here?)

because with all the downtime and lag... any such timelimit REALLY should be extended
could barely play yesterday and today i want to start and surprise its down again!

oh well maybe tomorrow then
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2013, 06:37 AM
And the saga of Star Trek Offline continues
Closed Thread