Lieutenant
# 61
02-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
Yeah, it's like 2 weeks. And takes about 30 minutes to do the mission. And the ship isn't really worth it.
Im in a Fleet and 1 of the members spends no money at all on this game, so the ship was a blessing to him. It truly is a support ship, and that is just what he does with it in Elite STF's. We did them got the optionals. It is worth it if its put into teamwork.
Empire Veteran
# 62
02-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
Yeah, it's like 2 weeks. And takes about 30 minutes to do the mission. And the ship isn't really worth it.
Well considering its free and has a classic (classic is a perspective thing) look I would say its worth it for its owner or prospective owner. If you are looking for a dps tank or some mission specific ship then no go back to your min maxing and leave the RPGers to the happiness.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Hrmf.... And I just decided to play some, here in the Netherlands. Oh, well... I'm guessing we'll get rid of the 'server not responding' for 40+ seconds at every map transition.

Keep up the good work, guys (and gals). I'll be back in just over an hour.
Republic Veteran
# 64
Aww I wanted to get baked with the wisest Tribble.

Lt. Commander
# 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiewan100 View Post
Well considering its free and has a classic (classic is a perspective thing) look I would say its worth it for its owner or prospective owner. If you are looking for a dps tank or some mission specific ship then no go back to your min maxing and leave the RPGers to the happiness.
Oh, don't get me wrong - it's cool to have - but more of a vanity item than anything else. Maybe for RP it's great, but it doesn't even stack up to the T1 Captain and Rear Admiral (for the retrofit) ships...
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Not sure how, or maybe I'm missing something. I'm a FTP person, and it doesn't compare to the free T1 ships you get at Captain and (for the retrofit) Rear Admiral.
Empire Veteran
# 67
02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlanced View Post
I played all night and not once did I lag from balloons, my computer if far from new but are some of you people on a 486dx? Not sure how you play the game at all, STFs must be a slide show!
I think the balloon lag is more a joke. Lag, and let me tell you I know lag I used to be a WoW geek, is more related to concentrations of account access.

The balloons are just some mapping AI functions and probably take very little band with on the server, unless everyone is using HD map settings in Vid options.

Career Officer
# 68
02-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
I think the balloon lag is more a joke. Lag, and let me tell you I know lag I used to be a WoW geek, is more related to concentrations of account access.

The balloons are just some mapping AI functions and probably take very little band with on the server, unless everyone is using HD map settings in Vid options.

Agreed, it because of the amount of people logged in. I saw a queue of over 10000 at one point.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:

I saw more problems when zoning than anything else. Every "load screen" showed me a "server offline" for about 2 minutes. Most of the actual play was fine for me though, with the exception of a little bit of rubberbanding at Earth Spacedock.
Empire Veteran
# 70
02-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:

Again its the look its not the functionality, I will never understand how folks complain there isn't enough story and then when they add something that has more value to the story than to PvP or even Pve its still not good enough.

Remember there needs to be a balance issue, After all do you run missions in a freighter?

So no I don't think you missed anything its not a mission specific ship Period its a back-story ship. Also probably one they had to get permission to add since I am sure the look is trademarked.

So sit back and if you dont like it do piolet the thing.
Closed Thread