Commander
This is addressing a Bug in the new 3rd Anniversary Episode. I have experienced it and others have told me they've seen the same thing happen to them. When I try to complete the mission, it says "Depart System" and so I depart. When I get to the Sector block screen, it doesn't say its completed, and that I should "report back to <name>." Instead, it says Continue: Saves (More than) Nine. I reenter the system. I'm back in the maintenance tunnels.

So yeah, I know this is a Bug Report, but I couldn't seem to find an appropriate subforum, so I just put it here. Feel free to move it if it doesn't belong.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I had the same problem and I did it 3 times because I figured maybe I was assining the officers to the wrong stations and I was right.
So here is how it worked for me:

Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;
Richard Castillo: Power levels;
T'Nae: Tractor beam;
Our officer: Docking clamps.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by garakfan84; 02-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Ensign
# 3
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
I had to do the same mission 3 times before i got thru, them I went to Adm Yim, got a new mission and after I started it, it all went away and I could not get it back.
Commander
# 4
02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garakfan84 View Post
I had the same problem and I did it 3 times because I figured maybe I was assining the officers to the wrong stations and I was right.

Hope this helps.
Huh. kay, I'll try that then.

Still, I don't think this was all intentional...and I hope they fix it.

Reminds me though, when I first experienced the problem, I thought it was part of the mission.

But really, once you start tampering with the Temporal Continuum, how much can you not expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkaos View Post
I had to do the same mission 3 times before i got thru, them I went to Adm Yim, got a new mission and after I started it, it all went away and I could not get it back.
Yeah this is a serious problem.

DEVS

HELP PLEASE
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Ensign
# 5 What anomaly?
02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Im on my third run through; defeated all the baddies this time with the help of the temporal ship and her captain tells me to head for the anomaly. Tried to submit a bug report told me "Could Not Connect. Please try again later.

Arrgh!
Ensign
# 6
02-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjay39131 View Post
Im on my third run through; defeated all the baddies this time with the help of the temporal ship and her captain tells me to head for the anomaly. Tried to submit a bug report told me "Could Not Connect. Please try again later.

Arrgh!
OK I hit depart system; ended back in sector space with the option to continue with the next part of the mission "redacted" which didnt do much and was able to resolve the mission.
Commander
# 7
02-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:

Hope this helps.
But...that's not what they said they were best at.

I picked their 'specialties' and ended up getting the bug as others reported and not having it finish.

Reminds me of CO's 3rd Anniversary event, except nowhere near as bad. If you grouped up, you had a rare chance of being deleveled down to level 1. Said event was shut down in a day and never restarted.

Go anniversary fun!
Rihannsu
# 8
02-02-2013, 08:38 AM
I have to do this twice, every time.
---
Starfleet Veteran
# 9 Possible solution details
02-02-2013, 09:10 AM
So, I posted a very detailed bug report here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post7845421 If this does or does not work for you, please reply to that one with details. Maybe we can troubleshoot this annoying problem.

Here is the solution that worked for me (things I did not do prior to this attempt are in bold, because they're possible reasons why it completed):

6th attempt - continued from 5th attempt. Puts me in maintenance shaft entrance (first room). Decide to exit the maintenance shaft and re-enter after Yar tells me my objective.Go through 'crawling in' cut scene. Complete objectives and exit. Did not ask them their specialties, assigned in this order: Castillo-power, T'Nae-tractor beam, Yar-webbing.Started first thing on clamps, then went back through maintenance tunnel, came back out. Everyone else was still working on progress. Finished clamps. Waited until all three exited before exiting to go to ship(like, 5 minutes or so - they were waiting on me in the corridor).

This time, I did not fly through the temporal anomaly until I fully healed the U.S.S. Pastak, with their shields and hull at 100%. Also, first time I did not hit 'evasive maneuvers' when prompted by Yar.

When on temporal ship, when cut scene played, I walked away from the computer and didn't touch anything. Came back after 4 minutes, and was at "Redacted-Scan for Anomaly" in mission log, with pop-up interact 'scan for anomaly'. Let it sit there without scanning and without touching anything - no looking at bridge stations or accepting any completed DOff missions, just sitting there for over 15 minutes. When I scanned the anomaly, the mission completed (!) and log said to "Return to Engineer Tum'Era on Qo'Nos". Not wanting to risk another debacle, I opened my journal, hailed starfleet and collected the mission rewards before leaving the system.

Of all the things I tried, I believe it's most likely that the wait at the end was what triggered the completion. I would bet it has to do with lag in one form or another. The other possibility is choosing the things for people to work on without asking what their specialties are, but I'm thinking that's less likely. Relogging/dropping and retaking/beaming up instead of using DH contacts - none of these things worked for me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Ensign
# 10
02-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:

Hope this helps.
After repeating this mission 4 times (initially thinking the recursive loop was part of the mission) I can confirm that these assignment selections worked for me as well, rather than the assignments they suggest they are best at.