Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 259
# 1 Field Gen Number Thing
06-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Okay so I got my calculator out and took down my shield hp with 2 field generators than 1 field generator and then zero field generator:
2 Field Generators: 11400
1 Field Generator: 10229
0 Field Generators: 9057
11400 - 10228 = 1171, 10229 - 9057 = 1172 (different by one number due to hidden rounding in the UI)

That does not look like diminishing returns to me...
Did this on both tribble and holodeck, tac consoles, rcs consoles, non of them diminished. Am I missing something?

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 367
# 2
06-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Field Gen do not have DR for about year i think, since 35% nerf.
2010 is my join date.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 259
# 3
06-22-2013, 09:11 AM
It is strange, I have only ever heard that field gens have had diminishing returns.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 4
06-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afree100 View Post

That does not look like diminishing returns to me...
Did this on both tribble and holodeck, tac consoles, rcs consoles, non of them diminished. Am I missing something?
Nope, that's accurate.

Even though they don't diminish, I barely slot these anymore.

My Sci has more valuable (embassy) consoles to slot, and my Tac has too many +crit% (or other uni) consoles to squeeze in.

Although stacking field gens on sci ships gets pretty amazing.

Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 486
# 5
06-22-2013, 12:10 PM
As far as i remember, once upon a time Field Gens couldn't be stacked at all, the additional one after the first wouldnt have any effect at all anymore.

They changed that and you could stack them, but with diminishing returns for a while.

In the current form, you can stack them without diminishing returns for quite a while now.


They are great for a solo'er and tank, and dont care about your teammates, and work towards invincibility!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,283
# 6
06-22-2013, 02:34 PM
I did some number crunching of my own on these and found that Mk XI Rare (17.5%) only add 12.74% but they do stack linearly on eachother and are the final modifier in terms of shield HP.

It would be nice of Cryptic to update the tooltip to read correctly...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 7
06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
As far as i remember, once upon a time Field Gens couldn't be stacked at all, the additional one after the first wouldnt have any effect at all anymore.

They changed that and you could stack them, but with diminishing returns for a while.

In the current form, you can stack them without diminishing returns for quite a while now.


They are great for a solo'er and tank, and dont care about your teammates, and work towards invincibility!
On top of that they used to be an engineering console too... Some people who never removed it from engineering could keep it there but I believe that was fixed
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 8
06-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
On top of that they used to be an engineering console too... Some people who never removed it from engineering could keep it there but I believe that was fixed
That was supposed to be the case, but when it went live they got booted from engineering slots into your inventory and could only be slotted in sci slots.

At least everyone I knew had that happen.

So it was a promise, that didn't happen. Nothing new here.

Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 9
06-23-2013, 09:56 AM
All cons no matter what it is adds to the base state ie what it is when you have 0skill points its kinda broken but hey. Also the only thing I know of to have diminishing returns is hull resistance not the cons but the point on erosion system. The closer to 100% you get the more points you need to get that next %
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 10
06-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That was supposed to be the case, but when it went live they got booted from engineering slots into your inventory and could only be slotted in sci slots.

At least everyone I knew had that happen.

So it was a promise, that didn't happen. Nothing new here.
ACTUALLY.... they were left in the space slot until you changed any map. the moment you changed maps it unslotted it....

so technically they didnt lie... they just omitted some information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
All cons no matter what it is adds to the base state ie what it is when you have 0skill points its kinda broken but hey. Also the only thing I know of to have diminishing returns is hull resistance not the cons but the point on erosion system. The closer to 100% you get the more points you need to get that next %
which is why i love the intrepid ablative armor. pop that and EVERYTHING ELSE can get to a hull resist of around 98.7% for everything.

sadly, ramming even with that high a resist usually leads to death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.