Rihannsu
# 21
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Enterprise NX 01, A, B or E.....where we can view the outside like how the C was and maybe even go inside.
Only surviving one is the A we know was decommissioned, the others were either destroyed or since their fate was left unknown they cannot be used as their fate was left unknown (B and E).

NX does not count.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Actually, it's pretty much what Age said. The only reason we can't have a T5 TOS Constitution is because there's a clause in the contract stating this. None whatsoever of a T5 NX for all I know.
Captain
# 23
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
Actually, it's pretty much what Age said. The only reason we can't have a T5 TOS Constitution is because there's a clause in the contract stating this. None whatsoever of a T5 NX for all I know.
The frames for all of the T1 ships are just that, frames. They can stick all sorts of fire power into a similarly sized Defiant class, I think they can get away with doing the same in a T5 NX.
# 24
02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
The frames for all of the T1 ships are just that, frames. They can stick all sorts of fire power into a similarly sized Defiant class, I think they can get away with doing the same in a T5 NX.
Yep, I like the idea. It's already stated in game it's a replica... so why couldn't it be a replica on par with other 24-25th century ships? The design has proven itself, the Akira is an inverted NX after all! (Chronology wise, that is)
Career Officer
# 25
02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I just think, they should bring the exeter, Vesper, and Exeter in the tier 5 fleet range. I could fly happy then.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 26
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
i'd just like the NX retrofitted class with the connie's engineering hull underslung. You know which one i'm talking about right?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Rihannsu
# 27
02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
Yep, I like the idea. It's already stated in game it's a replica... so why couldn't it be a replica on par with other 24-25th century ships? The design has proven itself, the Akira is an inverted NX after all! (Chronology wise, that is)
Because the frame is the same.

Funny how people are using the Defiant as a excuse ... the Defiant prototype was shelved because it almost broke itself apart testing the engines and was only later that was corrected.

Now you want to put that Warp Core in a Constitution ... its not going to end well.

They are not on part because the frame is not on par, its like saying "why cant a Ford T have the same performance as a Bugatti Veyron", some ships have better frames that is why the B'rel managed to stay in service for so long or the Excelsior, they have really good frames.

The NX and the Constitution dont.

And dont go on about technobabble, its always bad when Trek have to come up with Space Magic to hide bad writting and its certainly not more acceptable because you want to have your toy car having the same performance of another toy car, they even given us that with Fleet Ships that is pretty much turning a Volkswagen Beetle into a Bugatti Veyron but there are limits, the Tier 0 should NOT be upgraded.
Ensign
# 28
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Cryptic isn't going to use the JJ Models since they are exclusive to another timeline.
Another timeline? Don't we get the Ambassador from another timeline... the mirror universe of that alternate timeline...
Community Moderator
# 29
02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Cryptic isn't going to use the JJ Models since they are exclusive to another timeline.

And the Enterprise-A wasn't a new ship, it was the USS Yorktown that was in the final stages of refit.
Cryptic isn't going to use the JJ models because they're exclusive to another company; CBS doesn't own even a tiny bit of them. Paramount and CBS went their separate ways years ago, and the 2009 movie is the first thing produced by Paramount without CBS owning a piece.

If CBS could let them put it in, they would, because it would increase their ability to leverage the press hype surrounding the new movies. That's why we don't get the ships from that movie that DO come from the STO timeline: Spock's future ship, the Narada, and the Kelvin. It'd take a special deal with Paramount to get any of those ships.

I don't know if there are details in the CBS contract that would prohibit making that deal with Paramount, but I'm sure it'd be an expensive deal if they were allowed to make it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 30
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
And the Enterprise-A wasn't a new ship, it was the USS Yorktown that was in the final stages of refit.
The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 from the Original Series was refit during the interlude between Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The version that we saw in the Motion Picture was in fact the same ship from the Original Series just with certain new features (such as new pylons, interior, engine, and nacelles among other things).

However at the end of Star Trek: The Search for Spock, the original U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 was completely and irreversibly, destroyed. Between the successful self-destruct sequence and subsequently burning up in the Genesis Planets Atmosphere, there was absolutely no chance at recovery of that star-ship.

At the end of Star Trek: The Voyage Home, the U.S.S. Yorktown (itself having undergone most of the same refits as the original Enterprise) was deigned to be renamed the Enterprise-A. What I meant by "Entirely new ship" was not that the ship itself was brand spanking new (if we were going by that logic they would have been given the Excelsior Class as the Enterprise-A instead of the former Yorktown, but they were given a Constition Class instead). What I meant was that the ship was new to the Enterprise Crew themselves and that it wasn't in fact the original enterprise. Hence it was a "NEW" Enterprise, even if it wasn't literally brand new.