Captain
# 31
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Um, I just told you that companies do this with video cards. Even Best Buy got into this, offering you store credit to turn in your old electronics.

It actually makes pretty good business sense.
MMO's aren't like retail establishments, though.

The main draw of a F2P MMO is its gameplay. A good F2P MMO is fun to play, so you're enticed to spend money on it.

Your example with video cards, though... you can buy the same electronics at Best Buy, CompUSA, Microcenter, etc. They're competing with each other over your business for the same products. You aren't going to be buying Star Trek starships from any other MMO, and if you aren't having fun in the actual game, you wouldn't be buying anything at all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
I see we start to understand each other.

But let's just assume you could kick that 1000 day ship you hate so much and never gonna use again and you could get 10,000 dilithium in exchange that you need elsewhere, wouldn't you be tempted to take it? You could buy the ship you really want right now and not worry, it will replace an older ship you once bought. You would sell your car if it's still worth a dime as long as you have buyer right in front of you, would you not? Again selling, buying or return may be the wrong term in our case, but you know what I mean.

Looking from Cryptic's side: What is so bad to pay 10,000 dillithium and help a player get rid of junk, if this would motivate him to get a replacement worth tons of ZEN? Car companies make lots of money through leasing and in contrast to my proposal they actually pay back 40% of the original cost.

At least that's how I feel. If I'm the only one feeling like that, I apologize for opening this discussion. But I really don't think I am alone.

It would not.... You don't get basic bussiness. Are you alone? No of course not! And without getting into a a no no topic that line of thinking is why our country is messed up. Bussiness is for making money.. Bottom line... That is not a bad thing...
Ensign
# 33
02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
just no

wanna test it ? tribble

Did they fix that issue with tribble where you have to pay zen for ships?
Career Officer
# 34
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
So you paid for it, used and enjoyed it, and now want to return it for as much of your money back as you can? You've never worked in retail have you?
Slight difference between retail goods and virtual goods, don't you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.